Sunday, March 25, 2007

Do you quilt alone or with others?

For the most part, I quilt alone. But it's nice to know that my mom is only a block away for a run to the fabric store. But, for the past year, my mom and I have been quilting together almost every Sunday. I pack up my machine and the projects that I want to work on and head off to my mom's. Me and the dog. It's our ritual. Along with it being my husband’s ritual to watch sports on Sunday. It's gotten to the point that every time I pack up my sewing supplies Holly gets all excited. When she doesn't get to go she gets all mopey and depressed.

I get to my mom's, I pull out my own folding table and set everything up and the two of us spend the day sewing across from each other in the living room while our two dogs snooze on the couch or play in the middle of the room. We sew this way from afternoon until the news at 10pm. I wouldn't trade this time for anything!!

My Mom



Murphy & Holly


Comments:
Sunday, March 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.72.14.230)
I mostly quilt alone. I'm in two quilt groups. One I just take hand sewing to and the other I will sometimws take my machine. Both groups only last about two hours long. You're so lucky to spend that time with your mom! Mine lives 250 miles away. When we're together we shop til we drop! She likes quilt shops but she doesn't quilt.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori (24.215.52.160)
I usually quilt alone ,most of my friends quilt and we shop and go to guilds together .How nice to have your mom as a quilting buddy , I'm sure you look forward to your time together .Have fun.
Monday, March 26, 2007 - wonderful
Posted by ninepatchrose (71.195.93.163)
What a wonderful way to spend time with your mom! Truly a gift!



Monday, March 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
I enjoy quilting alone, but there is one group I go to every other week. We have a good time and exchange ideas. Sometimes we do a project together. You're so fortunate to have your mom nearby. My mom and I lived 500 miles apart until the last 4 years of her life, when she was in an assisted living facility nearby. I always enjoyed showing her my crafts because she liked doing them when she was younger and healthier. Enjoy your mom while she's here! Rhoda

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - Yoda (my mentor)
Posted by jwnpwi (209.83.38.125)
I am new to the sewing world and have Jen to thank for that. I can't leave out her Mom. They both have been great in teaching me the ins and outs of sewing. They even came with when I bought my first sewing machine. I have taken to calling Jen YODA, the all knowing master sewer. I love the time we spend together and my new adventure of sewing.

No comments: