Friday, March 30, 2007

"Quilt Worthy"

If I needed to pin point the most quilt worthy being on this planet, it's my dog Holly. She faithfully watches every strip I cut, every block I sew, gets in the way on each trip to the ironing board. Whenever I lay blocks out on the floor, she lays upon them. If I'm basting a quilt, she's laying on the other end. If I'm snipping strings and basting tacks, you guessed it...there she is!!

If I'm lying on the couch or bed with a quilt she'll join me and will reposition herself until her entire body is on it. It really makes me happy to see how much she loves my work. I usually make practice squares for free motion quilting but what I should really do is make them a little larger. 44x44 perhaps. When I finish practicing she'll be thrilled to lay on the results!!

On more than one occasion I've picked up one of her "quilts" off the floor to add an appliqué to practice satin stitching. She's always willing to let me try out a decorative stitch or new brand of thread. She's got all sorts of ODD quilted stuff. But, it keeps her extremely happy.





As you can see, she also always has a bandana on...straight from my stash or scraps.

She may be a dog, but I think she knows the difference between homemade and store bought bedding. She's the prime definition of QUILT WORTHY!!


Comments:
Saturday, March 31, 2007 - SO SWEET
Posted by ninepatchrose (71.195.93.163)
AHHHHHHHHHHH, these pics are so sweet!!! What a very sweet lovable dog you have there!!!! Give her a big hug from me!!!!!


Saturday, March 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
I'm a dog lover too. My Cammie is a cocker, and she isn't quite that loyal a quilting friend. She does often lay next to my by my machine. Aren't they great company? Rhoda


Monday, April 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.165)
Stanley is exactly the same. If there's a quilt on the floor he has to lie on it, even if I'm in the process of quilting. He takes it for granted that every quilt in the house is his love and hugs gina xxx

No comments: