Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sewing For Soldiers Saturday

Today I went to a group sewing event at Franklin Public Library. The Busy Bee's guild was working on quilt tops to raffle and raise money for speakers and guild functions. The books for soldiers group that I'm also a part of were busy sorting donated items for care packages while a few of us worked on pillow cases. I spent about an hour cutting fabric. I had helpers ironing flanges and Roxie assembled them into coordinated kits. I wasn't sewing for too long when my cousin Jean arrived with her sewing machine "Ron." At first we rattled along on our own pillow cases. Once my mom arrived with her sewing machine we decided to assembly line sew. We each sewed one step and Roxie did our ironing. We sewed a total of 38 pillow cases!!! It was a very productive day.

Comments:
Sunday, April 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.72.10.166)
Wow! Ya'll rock! I love it when people pull together and nail a project! Kudos!

Monday, April 2, 2007 - Sounds like fun
Posted by ninepatchrose (71.195.93.163)
How good it feels to have an ultra productive day! Looking for one of those myself pretty soon! :-)

No comments: