Saturday, April 7, 2007

I hate grocery shopping

I can't believe I've got nothing quilty to say today!

I hate grocery shopping with everything in my being. Walking down the tomato sauce aisle, minding my own business, listening to a Nicholas Sparks book on my MP3 Player when a woman in her late 40's early 50's walks past me, rolls her eyes, stops dead and YANKS ONE OF MY HEADPHONES FROM MY EAR!! Says, "What is with the people of YOUR generation who feel the need to always be entertained?" I say, "I was just minding my own business grocery shopping, listening to an audio book but I'm so glad that bothers you so. Happy Easter."

Unfreaking believable. I think it will probably be a good 6-8 months before I step foot in another grocery store. Yeah...I'll be looking into Peapod delivery service for the times I can't get Mike to go shopping.

Today I took Holly to the vet; she had to have some stitches removed from a non cancerous tumor that exploded on her elbow 2 weeks ago. They said the site looks great. She also lost 3 pounds so our walks are really helping.

I spent the day at my mom's. I just started a new muscle relaxer (I take them to prevent migraines) and I managed to take a 5 hour nap. Hopefully this is just because they're new, not something that will happen all the time. We picked up my Grandma around 6; she wasn't having a good day health wise. Hopefully she'll get a good night sleep tonight at my mom's. After Grandma went to bed my mom and I dyed eggs. We used good old food coloring and vinegar. They're beautiful! We've never had such brilliant eggs.








Comments:
Sunday, April 8, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Dawnmarie (205.188.116.14)
Hi, thanks for your story and the pic of the eggs. My 36 yr old son and I did eggs today. I bought a tie-dye egg kit. I will buy the old tried and true method next year. Food coloring and dye. What a weird women. I am your mother's age and I walk around listening to my MP3 player. I like pop music - the oldies too. But there are some great artists today and I enjoy new music. I got to see John Mayer in concert. He was awesome. My son got tickets and we were so close I could see his fingers on the guitar. Take care and beware of weirdos. Dawn Marie

Monday, April 9, 2007 - Great eggs - amazing story!
Posted by mamanance (24.127.100.247)
Jen, you have the most unusual stories to tell! Some people sure have a lot of nerve, and you run into a lot of them! Your eggs are lovely, very bright and good color coverage. Hope your grandma is feeling better.



Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - I am wondering in what part
Posted by ninepatchrose (71.195.93.163)
of the country you live. You do seem to have a lot of aggressive people in your community. But keep smiling and being yourself and maybe you can influence them for the good! Quilters are great people!!!

No comments: