Friday, April 6, 2007

Sew much to do, Sew little time! PART 2

Well, it's just before midnight and I'm checking in on my progress. It was definitely a good day!

Iron the 5 sets of Project Linus strips. - Done
Cut the 5 sets of Project Linus strips. - Done
Paper piece the borders for my Carol Doak Mini Quilt and get them added. Maybe even baste it! -Done. Not only is it basted, but it's quilted and ready to hang at work.
If the basting gun is out, I really should finish basting my pineapple quilt. - Done




I'm glad to be done with the Mini Wall hanging. I didn't like working with the green fabric. It was very loosely woven with a raised texture to it. It was bulky and stretched horribly. It's not the greatest piece of work, but it's done and it will be good enough for a spring wall hanging for my cubicle.

As far as the baseball game...the Brewers lost and badly. But we had fantastic seats. We got these tickets free, we were actually sitting on the club level (it's carpeted...go figure!), in handicapped seats so we had tons of room, straight out with the 1st base side foul post. There were 3 people occupying a space probably 8 feet deep by 20 some feet long. And since there was food up there that isn't typically in the rest of the stadium we took full advantage. We had CHEESECAKE while watching baseball. Mmmm, it was delicious!!

Hmmm, what to sew tomorrow??? I KNOW I'll find something! Part of me wants to take a trip to a quilt shop, but another part of me thinks I should just work on things I've already got started.



Comments:
Saturday, April 7, 2007 - quilting pattern on mini-CD quilt
Posted by mamanance (24.127.100.247)
Hi Jen, What kind of quilting pattern did you do on the mini Carol Doak? I haven't seen much on the Group entries about whether folks do machine or hand quilting, or about what kind of designs they do.I continue to be amazed at the amount of quilting you get done in a day, or 1/2 day!



Saturday, April 7, 2007 - Whew
Posted by ninepatchrose (71.195.93.163)
You go girl! You are the quilting machine!!!!!

No comments: