Sunday, April 1, 2007

UFO's

Unfinished Fabric Objects...a way to feel a little more relaxed about not finishing them.

We all have UFO's. The longer you quilt, the more you have. We also all have friends and family members. Not to be morbid, but someday we're all going to die. Now, think about your stack of UFO's. Take the names of your friends and family members; write them on a piece of paper and safety pin one name to each project. Someday when you die they now have the warm fuzzies thinking that you were making them a quilt and just never got around to finishing it. They don't NEED to know that giving them the finished quilt wasn't your true intention!!!

In the event that you actually do finish on of those UFO's for yourself just remove the name and move it to a different UFO. You KNOW you've gathered at least two more UFO's in the process that you could move that name to. Make sure you share your secret with your closest and dearest quilting friend leaving the instructions to have these UFO's handed out at your memorial service. While your other friends and family members are receiving their UFO's your closest and dearest quilting friend will now be beside herself with laughter and won't be so sad anymore!

I bet two minutes ago you all thought this was a pretty morbid topic. Now, I've got you thinking; WOW, that's not a half bad idea!

Have a little "fun" with you're UFO's!!

Comments:
Monday, April 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.165)
I must confess that my UFO's are all finished quilt tops that are waiting in line for quilting, machine and hand. My one unfinished quilt UFO is being made for a friend of mine. It was going to be a wedding present for him and his fiancee but before i could finish the top, they split up and cancelled the wedding. I then said I wouldn't work on it again until he got engaged to some one, trouble is he's enjoying batchelor life a bit too much. this UFO has been on the go for 7 years now so I don't suppose a few more years will matter. The other quilt tops are my BOM quilts so they don't count. I'm one of these terrible people who like to finish one project before starting another. love and hugs gina xxx

Monday, April 2, 2007 - So funny
Posted by ninepatchrose (71.195.93.163)
This idea is so cute and funny - what a great idea!!! You've brought a smile to me this morning and I might just use your idea!!!!

Monday, April 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera (68.99.125.138)
How funny is that. What a good idea. Thanks for sharing it with us, I just may have to do that....

No comments: