Thursday, April 5, 2007

Wow, I actually got to sew tonight!

Tonight I went to sit with my Grandma while my Mom went out to do some shopping. I was actually able to sit still and do a little sewing. I pulled out 5 Project Linus quilt kits. I was able to sew the strip sets together for all 5 kits.

While out shopping my Mom picked up a gift card for a friends birthday. I quickly sewed together a Wonder Wallet from a Lazy Girl Designs pattern for her to wrap the gift card in.

Now, it's time for bed. Tomorrow is a 1/2 day at work and I plan on coming home to sew until we leave in the evening for the Milwaukee Brewers Game. We were at a game on Tuesday and I found a picture of us on the Brewers Fan site. The sweatshirt that I'm wearing with the Brewers logo was appliquéd on by me last season. Once I made the sweatshirt, I decided the logo would make a perfect quilt for my husband.




Comments:
Friday, April 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.201)
What a great quilt. My hubby is a Soccer fanatic and I'm in the process of designing a quilt based on his favourite Soccer team. It's at the drawing stage at the moment. It's going to be hard to hide when I finally start sewing so I'll have to tell him about it. love and hugs gina xxx
Friday, April 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
Cool, cool, cool!! My mom was a Brewers fan. We lived in Wausau growing up. You're going to need more than a sweatshirt to sit at a game this weekend!! Have you made any electric quilts?: )

Friday, April 6, 2007 - Wonder Wallet!!!
Posted by Joan Hawley (69.213.184.68)
Hi Jen, Making a Wonder Wallet to hold a gift card is a great idea. You have very lucky friends - two gifts in one! My best, Joan Hawley Lazy Girl Designs

Sunday, April 8, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter (72.128.96.214)
Wow, can I just say I'm beside myself with the fact that Joan Hawley read and posted a comment on MY blog? Little old me? I can't believe someone famous actually took the time to read and post to my blog!! I'm just beside myself with giddy joy!!

No comments: