Thursday, May 10, 2007

Adding pictures to your blog just got a whole lot easier!


I'll attempt to make uploading pictures a little easier. I knew there had to be a place online that you could store pictures and link them to your blog. I had tried previously with Yahoo Photo's and it didn't work. Last week I was checking out a few Quilt Blogs that haven't been posted on in quite a while. I noticed that if you click on a photo you can see where it's been uploaded from. Most of us have uploaded pictures to our blogs site, but someone (and I feel bad that I can't credit the person but I just don't remember) had their photos linked from Webshots.

I decided to test it out. I signed up for a free Webshots account and uploaded one picture just to test things out. Once your photo is uploaded (and the great part is, you don't have to resize your pictures first), you click on the photo, to the right there is a box, inside the box are numerous links. One says, "link to it." Click on the "Link to It" link. The following appears:

Underneath where it says "Post this photo…" there are tabs that read 100, 200, 425, 500 & 600. I've been using the 425 size recently on my blog. You highlight the link in the box below "direct link to image," copy it (Control + C) and go back to your web browser that you were typing your blog entry in. Decide where you want your picture to show up and place your cursor there.

In your "Add New Entry" window, click on the picture of the "tree" which is between the "world with oval" and "Smiley face."

A box now appears that says, "Enter Image URL." In it paste the link (Control + V). Your picture will now show up.

You no longer have to worry about the size of your pictures, nor will you run out of room!

COMMENTS:
Thursday, May 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Amazing you are just too smart. Thanks a bunch.
Kristie


Thursday, May 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera
Jen, that is a stack n whack on my blog. It is tea pot fabric. You really should try it, they are so fun to make. Thanks again for showing us how to post more pics. Your the greatest.


Friday, May 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps
That was probably Gina. We both have a webshots page. She turned me on to it :0) Now I hope to sometime get around to fixing the mess I made of the pics I deleted off my blog and get my archives back up :0)


Friday, May 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama
Thank you for this! I also now want to see if I can fix my archives.


Monday, May 14, 2007 - Picture size
Posted by bobbinhead
Jen..I tried to do this but I can't get the picture size to go to 425. I get an "error" message. It will do it for 100 but that's too small. Any ideas? I'm beginning to hate webshots.






Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

No comments: