Friday, May 25, 2007

Fabulous Eye Candy



My obsession with the Underground Rail Road continues!

I've mentioned my friend Diane before and how she's begun to create with PolyClay. She forwarded me this website full of "eye candy." Jennifer Patterson makes and sells jewelry called "Quilted in Clay."

We found the site a little too late because she's sold out of the limited edition Underground Rail Road broach which is an utterly amazing piece. Look at all those tiny pieces, keep in mind the broach is only 1-1/2" x 1-1/2". That's right, a 9 block quilt condensed into 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" piece. Isn't that amazing? That takes miniatures to a whole new level. These are made through a process called Caning which is completely fascinating.

I'm bummed that I can't get one of these broaches. Many of the blocks in it are similar to my quilt. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of the necklaces but I really don't know how often I'd wear it. A broach I could pin onto a purse or bag and have it with me all the time. I know I'll end up picking up a few of her other pieces because they're just amazing.

Go visit her site, Quilted in Clay. Hopefully you'll fall in love with her pieces as I have!


COMMENTS:
Friday, May 25, 2007 - Quilted in Clay
Posted by Anonymous
Thank you for the nice comments! I thought I would let you know that although I am sold out on the Underground Railroad at the moment. I do plan on making another edition. Each edition is different, and I don't know yet what I am going to do. But keep an eye on my web site later this summer. As soon as it is done I will put it up there.

Thank you!
Jennifer


Friday, May 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
WOW!!! I went to the site and those pieces are amazing. I agree with you, I think the Underground Railroad is my favorite. I think I may order one of the brooches when she comes back out with the other series. She is very talented.
Kristie



No comments: