Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Friday Night Block of the Month Block #7


By the time I got home from work tonight the headache that my therapist warned me about had set in. I laid on the couch and next thing I knew it was 8. I sat down at the computer and read my mom's blog which said she'd been waiting to get a pattern from me so I hopped up and ran it over to her. She's about a ½ a block away. Next thing I knew, we were on our way to Jo-Ann's to make a zipper run so she can make a few Runaround bags. It was a successful trip.

When I came home I straightened up my sewing area and decided I really needed to sew my block for my block of the month group on Friday. I think it was the easiest block I've done yet from that BOM. It's a really sharp block.

I started the block for my BOM that meets next Saturday too, but I think I need to continue on with that one tomorrow. The Moda University Block of the Month is nice in the idea that they're all relatively easy blocks but there are no instructions. I *know* how it needs to be put together, it's just getting my 1/4 square trangles sewn and in the right place.

I have this enormous box of fabric that was donated for pillow cases. I was supposed to cut it all up and put it into kits for volunteers to sew up. With all my back pains I just can't bring myself to do it. I'd love nothing more than to drop this box back off at the library uncut. I just feel like it's this heavy weight on my shoulders. But right now, when my back hurts and I want to work on a project, I'd really like it to be something that makes me happy and cutting an entire box of fabric is not a happy thought.

I also figured out how to add a slide show of my 15 most recently uploaded pictures to my blog. Don't ask me how I got it to go into the right place because my friend Diane the Web Genius spent some time today and she just couldn't make it work. It looked perfect in her browser and the minute I uploaded it, everything ran amuck. We were convinced that our web hosting software was preventing it from happening. Tonight I was going to delete it entirely so I deleted a few codes and clicked preview just to make sure I didn't delete the wrong thing. When I saw that the slideshow was where we had been trying to get it all day I quickly hit save. Granted, my page counter is now in the wrong place but that I can live with! There's also some odd text above the slideshow so I'll have to figure out how I can rid myself of that. But, in the mean time, I'm pretty stoked about the slide show. It will always update itself. I'm really loving Webshots!!

COMMENTS:
Thursday, May 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I hope that you are feeling better. There is nothing more miserable than a bad headache. Maybe your back will get better with more therapy. I love the colors in your new block, they are so bright. I am yet to use black, but do think I will soon. I am seeing so much of it lately. I know what you mean when you just dread cutting up all of tha fabric. When the fun goes out of it, it is time for a break. Just remember this is not a job, no one needs the added stress.
Kristie


Thursday, May 10, 2007 - That slide show is great!
Posted by mamanance
I'll have to check out the Webshots page later today to see about using it. Love the slide show. Hope the therapy begins working wonders for you soon.


Friday, May 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps
Whoa! That's striking! I like it , nice job!


Friday, May 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama
Your block is very striking, indeed! I love it.







Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

No comments: