Thursday, May 17, 2007

Holly has a Lunch Bag



Well, it's happened, I've finally flipped my lid. I made my dog a purse. Not just a purse, a purse that matches her current bandana.

Ok, it's not as nuts as it sounds...since we have the crazy, loud, hooting and hollering people downstairs from us that have 50 people a day for a meeting, she's been spending the work day at my mom's house. Luckily mom is only 1 block away. My mom made the comment that when she gets home at 3:30, Holly is rooting around looking for food. Since mom's dog Murphy is now a diabetic, he has to eat special food so Holly can't share his anymore. Mom's been bugging me for some time now to bring her over some food to keep at Grandma's house and I never quite remember. Well, tonight when Mike picked her up my mom mentioned that she should spend tomorrow evening with her since we're going to the Brewer game but to remind me that Holly will need to bring her dinner. So, I decided that Holly needed her own little bag to transport her food.

I made her a Runaround bag with the left over Sock Monkey fabric that I made her Bandana out of. I left the batting out and didn't add the pocket to the back. I made her strap a little wider and much shorter because I thought it would be funny if she could go trucking into Grandma's carrying her own bag. (I'm warped and I'm OK with that.) Her Runaround Bag holds 3 ziplock bags full of food which in her little world is 3 meals. So, here she is. Lounging on the couch, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take her picture with her bag. Then she obliged and sat there while I put the bag around her neck and took her picture. Yes, that is a bed pillow on our couch. It lives there. As you can see, Miss Holly likes to lean into it. It saves our couch arm from getting dented...I can't tell you how many times I've had to add additional batting scraps into those arms! Maybe everyone's comments should reflect what THEY think Holly is thinking...

So, now that you all know just how nuts I am, I'll move along...

To add to how tired I was this morning from first falling asleep around 3am my back was still in bad shape this morning. I forgot to throw a few vicodan in my purse. I haven't had to take one now in a little over a week. It figures that today I was just dying for one. My back hurt so bad that I couldn't stand myself. So, I took two Excedrin at the same time as my mild muscle relaxer and my allergy pill. Can you say, Idiot? At least take one kind at a time. Why do I do these stupid things? I was looped. It was so, not a good thing. I've had all these things before together, just not all at the same time. Let's face it, there are days that I just don't think. By the time I got to PT I was a mess. I'm seriously worried that my 20 appointments that my insurance allows per calendar year just isn't going to be enough. The PT is helping, but it's slow going, so very slow going. Man, I didn't realize how many places my back is messed up, and how it stems from all kinds of other places. My pelvis for example, not level. She's been trying to straighten that out little by little thinking it will help my back. For example, it's tilted one way, my shoulder blades are tilted a different way. Sigh, they should just hang me up by my ankles and let me dangle for a few days.

When I was a kid, we always collected the different character glasses from McDonalds and Pizza Hut. Now that the Shrek glasses are out, I'm completely compelled to own them. Not only do I need a set, my mom needs a set. I've been stalking the McDonalds across the street from work, every day...sometimes twice a day. I've eaten more packages of apple dippers in the last few days than I've probably had all year. Both of our sets are now waiting on the arrival of the 4th glass. Mom went out stalking glasses today and they were out so she picked me up a talking Donkey. I LOVE it. You'd think I was 5 or something!!! The last time I was on a glasses buying binge was about 9 years ago. I liked the particular style of Christmas glass that Arby's had. My mom liked it too. They were juice glasses on a pedastal that had a winter scene. Oh my gosh. I figured 8 each was a good number. I had to get a soda from Arby's every work day for 3+ weeks. Why do I do these things? Luckily the Shrek set is only 4 glasses!!

Ohhh and how did I NOT KNOW that Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs has a Yahoo Group? I just found this out and joined today. I feel like I've joined a support group of enablers!! There's no place like home, there's no place like home!

Click here to join LazyGirlDesigns
Click to join LazyGirlDesigns

Well there you have it folks, I've just let my freak flag fly!!


COMMENTS:
Friday, May 18, 2007 - Miss Holly
Posted by lori
Well Miss Holly looks confused as to what mom is doing to her LOL Your such a character .I started taking Chantix to day to help stop smoking they say you have VIVID dreams ,I'm hoping to see some 3D quilts tonight LOL with all you have taken I don't know what you will be dreaming about LOL Seriously I hope your back is better take it easy and don't work to hard .


Friday, May 18, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
I've taken a load of pain relief tablets at the same time as well. Talk about being drunk. I was all over the place. Didn't have any pain though.
I think Holly looks gorgeous. Stanley likes cwtching up to a pillow on the sofa as well.I'd never get him to wear a bandana or bag thouhg. He'd probably rip them to pieces.

love and hugs gina xxx

PS cwtching ( pronounced cutching) is a welsh word for cuddling.


Friday, May 18, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Jen, you crack me up! I can see making a lunch bag for your dog. Perfectly practical! The glasses made me laugh, too. Isn't it nice that simple things can amuse us? I don't need to be part of the Hollywood set or a wealthy whatever. I can have fun with my dog, my fish pitcher, and other silly things that make me laugh! It also makes you fun to be around! I sure hope your back gets better, mine is crooked too, but the chiropractor really helps keep the pain away. Rhoda


Friday, May 18, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama
We don't get to McDonald's much - my health conscious husband can be such a joykill sometimes! - but I did take the kids there this past weekend. They both got the Shrek toy, which they have been having burp in my ear a hundred times a day. They think it is hilarious, and to be honest, I do, too. One of the many things that I love about my kids is that they keep me young and silly!


Friday, May 18, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
You are so funny! Holly's little bag sounds like something that I would make for Ole Jim, the mule. Richards swears that I would keep him in the house if we had more room. He weighs over 1200 lbs... I think you are attached to your dog like I am my horses...You see, they get their horse feed and hay everyday, but I also take them out a snack about midday. Honeycombs and Fruit loops!!! Richards says that I am going to give them diabeties!!

And yes, we also have the glasses from McDonalds-a set for each boy!!! Still waiting on #4.





Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

No comments: