Tuesday, May 8, 2007

How to add a Hyperlink



A few of you have asked how to add a Hyperlink to your posts so here's a little tutorial. Below I've copied the buttons that are on the top of our screens when we add a new entry.

HTML

BoldItalicUnderlineAlign LeftCenterAlign RightJustify FullHorizontal RuleOrdered ListUnordered ListOutdentIndent
Text Color
Background Color
Insert LinkAdd ImageInsert SmilieClear Formatting

Do you see the button with the world and the oval? It's right inbetween the paint bucket and the picture of the tree.

When you have text that you want to turn into a hyperlink you drag your mouse over that text so that it appears highlighted like this. Yours may actually show up as a different color when it's highlighted and that's ok. Once your text is highlighted click on the "world" button and a box will appear that says, "Enter A Web address (URL):" Below this there will be a line with http:// this is where you type the website address that you want to turn into a link. Once it's there, you click OK and your text will have a line under it showing that you've created a link.

Typically I have two browser windows open when I'm adding links to my blog. One window has our "add new entry" screen and the other is where I pull up the website that I'd like to link to. When I find the website that I want to link to, I highlight the web address, then hold down "Control +C." I then move back over to our "add new entry" screen. I follow the directions that I've listed above and instead of typing my link in manually, I click in the box where the http: is and I hold down "Control +V." This will paste the entire link into the http:// field. You click "OK" and your link is ready to go.

The first few times you may want to preview your entry prior to saving and click on the link to make sure you have entered it correctly and you'll notice that it launches another copy of your web browser and brings up the web address that you've specified. Once you get this down pat you won't need to check them anymore!

Hope this helps and if there are other "Blog Tips" that you are wondering about or if this isn't clear enough, leave a comment and I'll start working on the next one.

Happy Linking!!

COMMENTS
Tuesday, May 8, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps
Your so awesome! Thanks for the blogging tips! Sometime I'm going to sit down and figure out that top picture changing part. Have lost pics on my blog so now some of my archives are missing:0) Have to figure that out too. Supposed to be working on the round robin but here I sit at the computer:0)


Tuesday, May 8, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
You are a genius!! I am no computer pro, so thanks for the tips. So, how do you figure all of this stuff out? Thanks a bunch.
Kristie


Wednesday, May 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
You're a star Jen, thanks. I'm learning so much from my 'blog friends'.

love and hugs gina xxx






Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

No comments: