Sunday, May 20, 2007

It's so subLIME



I spent the day today at my mom's sewing. I finally went back to working on my purple and lime wall hanging. It took about 8 hours but I've finally got it ready to assemble. I had to finish up the border pieces today and I made the corners. Now that I've laid it out on the fabric that I chose for the background I don't like it. I think it needs to be on black. This week I'll have to go out and get some. I'm thinking of a marble or mottled black, something similar to the black in my Friday Night Block of the Month quilt. The green just doesn't make it pop and I think the black will do that.

I must have moved while taking the picture because it came out kind of blurry. So, what do you guys think? Black Background instead?


COMMENTS:
Sunday, May 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Wow! I just don't know what to say, that is beautiful. Looks like something right out of the books...Don't know about the background, you're the expert!!! Great Job!
I've been waiting for you to start working on this again, I love it...
Kristie



Monday, May 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
I love it. It's so me. If you can't find a place for it just think of your friend across the water. LOL

How about a very deep purple.maybe a Moda. It might not be as harsh as black and will fit in with the purple you've used.

love and hugs gina xxx


Monday, May 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
I would love to see it against the black. I do think it would make the colors pop more. Boy, that is a beauty! Rhoda


Monday, May 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
Either way it doesn't matter that is beautiful .


Monday, May 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps
Wow! That is Gorgeous! I'm thinking a dark purple bali or something like that or a mottled black might work. Definately something dark and you can't go wrong. Catching up on my comments. That's a bummer about your neighbors. I probably would have said " Let's see if the police want to go though the garbage and see who's it is." Hope your back gets to feeling better soon. Ran a 5K yesterday - I don't run - with my daughter and messed up my leg :0( Ouch! Love your dogs purse and her bandana, they're really cute :0)


Monday, May 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Let me start out by saying I've seen this wall hanging in person and even pictures just don't do it justice, it's fantastic. The background piece just doesn't do a thing for it so I'm with Jen and I'd like to see it sitting on a piece of black to see if that makes it pop.


Monday, May 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
You're right, black will make it sing!
Rose Marie
www.appliqueandpatches.blogspot.com





Catch up on

No comments: