Friday, May 25, 2007

Thread Shortages Suck!!



Tonight when I got home from work I looked at my toes and decided it was time to repaint them…the nails had grown quite a bit. I mentioned this to my mom and she said, "Wouldn't it just be easier if we went and had them done?" Well of course it would be!! I think she's getting into this manicure and pedicure thing. I mean, this is her second time in the past 3 months! I used to get a manicure every other week but in the end I just didn't like the girl I was going to so I quit. That was last year and it honestly was the best thing I could have done. She was just a toxic personality.

We had to wait for Murphy to eat (my mom's dog). He needs to eat and get his insulin at 5:30 AM and 5:30 PM every day. So I started in on our block of the month that's due tomorrow. I figured I'd make both of ours. I take back what I said previously about Moda U blocks being nice and simple. This one is a Card Trick and while I get how it goes together, there's no directions so you're cutting and sewing all these ½ and ¼ square triangles some are on the bias, some are not…it's really obnoxious. Needless to say, my mom's is finished and I left with mine in pieces because I had to cool down before I give it another try.

Afterwards we did a little bumming at Target. I had to stock up on Kleenex with the magic lotion potion because my allergies are so bad. I swear, if I could take my nose, flip it wrong side out and rinse it off, or pop my eyeballs off to swish them around in some water, flush my ears out, take a bottle brush to my throat, I think I'd feel a lot better! It's just this constant itch. I know in another week or so I won't be as annoyed because I'll be used to it but MAN, I'm tired of this!! We managed to run into my husband. I saw him in the sun block aisle staring blankly at the display. I helped him out and then the three of us finished off our shopping trip together.

So now I came home and basted the Superman Quilt. I figured I'd do some stippling before attacking that darn block of mine. I got all set up, extension table on, darning foot on, feed dogs down, filled a bobbin, changed my needle and put my gloves on, found the perfect tension and speed only to get very little done and run out of thread. Of course I was using the Red, White and Blue variegated thread so it's not like I can just pick up with something else in the mean time. I was on a roll too. And of course, this happened at 11:04PM and Wal-Mart closes at 11PM. =( Tomorrow we'll stop at Jo-Ann's and see if I can pick up a bigger cone of the Star brand variegated. I hope this doesn't turn into an all out run around just to find it.

Now I've got to put the machine back to normal so I can finish this freaking block. I swear, I feel like finding a different card trick pattern in the same size online and making a different version without the 1/2 and 1/4 square triangles.

COMMENTS:
Saturday, May 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Hope you can find your thread. Love your stippling---Great Job. Hate to hear you are having a hard time with your Card Trick. It is simple pattern looks like they would have simplified the pattern. I have noticed that sometimes there are easier ways to put something together, than what the directions say. I usually just get the idea of it and do it myself. I made a Card Trick several years a go, and I love it. I will probably make another soon, I like the pattern very much. If it ist he right pattern then it should go together easy. Good Luck
Kristie






Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.

No comments: