Friday, June 8, 2007

Friday Night Block of the Month



Tonight my mom and I went to our Block of the Month group at Frank's Sewing Center. It was fun as always! We got our new block to make, a pattern for a patriotic wall hanging, and two patterns for the 6" floral squares that we swapped with the other ladies in our group. We're in the home stretch of this block of the month. 4 blocks to go. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this quilt. Wendy showed us a few blocks for next years quilt and I love those as well. I think she said all the blocks have something to do with love. Well, that sent our group rolling because so many of the ladies are divorced. For example, one block is Steps to the Alter. My mom and Beryl immediately re-named it Steps to the Courthouse. The colors in next years quilt look to be a lot of blue and green batiks which I love. More and more I'm drawn in to the Batik.

While at Frank's my mom and I had our pictures taken with Eleanor Burns. Ok, not THE Eleanor Burns, just a cardboard cut out of her. It's probably the closest we'll ever get!

I had to buy a new 3-1/2" square ruler because mine has been missing for a few weeks now. I think I lost it somewhere between my house and my mom's. My shopping bag had a tear in the bottom. I also picked up a large spool of Star Brand Thread in Red, White & Blue. After running out a few weeks ago I want to have some on hand.

Afterwards a group of 8 of us went out to Casa Del Rio for dinner. I had a Raspberry Margarita which was very yummy. I really have got to stop drinking those. Not that I have them very often, but they ALWAYS give me heart burn. That tequila does me in every time. Maybe I should switch to a daquri or something. There is nothing else that ever gives me heart burn, but tequila does every single time. =( It was a fun dinner, it's nice to get to know the ladies in my Block of the Month group better.

By the time I got home I was beat. I finished reading a book and went to bed.

Thursday night we had some wicked storms come through the area. Lots of thunder and lightning, wind and rain. I swear to god a bolt of lightning hit in between our apartment and the one about 30 feet across from us. We had our curtains on our patio door half drawn and I was standing in the kitchen facing out towards the patio doors when I saw it come down. Talk about loud and scaring the crap out of someone! No damage though so that's a good thing. Mike is convinced that I saw it further in the distance, like out on the road but for that to have happened the curtians would have had to have been all the way open and I would have had to have been standing at an angle. If Holly could have turned white from shock she would have. She looked up at me with these huge eyes, ears pulled all the way back, forehead wasn't even wrinkly with worry. It was a look that could have said, "Mama, are we going to die?"

COMMENTS:
Saturday, June 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.213)
Love the photos...sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to see your quilt finished. I've never done a block of the month. They said at the quilt guild that they are getting ready to start on one, so I guess I joined just in time. My mom says it will drive me crazy doing one block a month...we'll see...
Kristie


Saturday, June 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.74.139.81)
Now, that is just too funny. :0) You to just have too much fun!!! That's great!


Saturday, June 9, 2007 - Eleanor Photos
Posted by Anonymous (12.205.65.222)
Hi Jen,
Those photos of you and your mom are just too cute! What fun you two
must have together. Cherish each moment, and thank God for such
a wonderful blessing. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Isn't it
wonderful spending time with good quilting friends?
Michelle






Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

No comments: