Saturday, June 9, 2007

Gloves Perfect for Free Motion Quilting



My mom and I just got back from Target. We went in search of magnetic hooks to hang our door banners up on our outside doors. While there we wandered into the Gardening area. Wow, did I find a deal!! I bought a three pack of gardening gloves that are perfect for wearing during free motion quilting. The grippes really help relieve the stress on your hands while you're wrestling a quilt around. The gloves sell in quilt stores for $9 and up. The gardening gloves were 3 pairs for $9.99. I'm sure they'll go on clearance eventually but I didn't want to chance missing out. I have a pair of FMQ-ing gloves that I bought last year. Mine are white with white rubbery tips and I wear them every time I FMQ. It really makes a huge difference. Mine look disgusting because the dye really rubs off and into them over time so I've been thinking of purchasing a new pair. Now I have 3! Well, really 2 because I shared a pair with my mom!

Palm Back of the hand

COMMENTS
Saturday, June 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.33.36)
Wow, what a great deal...As you know I am new to this quilting things myself, but Richards uncle gave us a whole box of gloves that have the grips on them, so I plan on trying those, don't know what else to use them for...
Kristie


Saturday, June 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.74.139.81)
Cool! I bought quilting mice at the Paduca quilt show, AQS, a few years ago and I love them. Haven't seen them for sale antwhere else but they could probably be found on line somewhere.


Sunday, June 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.130)
it just goes to prove that because it says Quilting they can stick the price up. When a must have gadget comes out, I always check the DIY and gardening stores first.
I can't wear gloves for quilting. My hands get so hot in them. I can't wear gloves normally either unless it's really, really cold. I've got hot hands all the time

love and hugs gina xx







Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.

No comments: