Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Flag Day!



Yeah, I know it's not exactly a noteworthy holiday in most of our lives. It was always a joke when I was growing up because Flag Day is the day before my Dad's birthday so he thought it was an extra day of celebration or something. I didn't even have my flag out today. Sigh.

Today definitely went better than yesterday. I remembered my lunch, Holly decided to stay home, Physical Therapy went well and now they changed me from 2 days a week to 1 day a week. I get to take a few short bike rides now and work my way back into it. Thank God!! I miss it so. Of course, I was exhausted when I got home so I took a two hour nap. When I got up, talk about a productive night!!

Mike was watching stupid stuff on television so I put my audio book on. I'm listening to Danielle Steel's H.R.H. I'm on section 9 and I'm still not sure what H.R.H. stands for. But, it's a pretty good book.

I finished ironing the bindings for the 5 Project Linus quilts that I'll finish up this weekend. I cut the blocks for the 5th project linus quilt and sewed a Flannel Raggy quilt. I even got that flannel raggy quilt cut. I finished cutting another today during lunch. I just realized now when I look at the yellow and blue one that I managed to sew the first row wrong. Oh well...they're not beauties, but they mean so much more to their recipiant.

Tomorrow night I'll cut up fabric for Pillow Cases. My goal is to knock out my next 75 pillow cases rather quickly. That would bring me to my goal of 150 for the year. I just want to be "finished" so that I can work on my own projects. I don't feel like I can back down from this goal, so I'd rather work hard and steady and be done with it. I'll work in sets of 25's.

I'll also get packed up tomorrow night for my sewing day at Frank's on Saturday. I CAN'T WAIT!! It's going to be so much fun. I'm going to take the 5 Project Linus Quilts to assemble and I'll take a set of Pillow Cases to start on. I'm taking those things because they're pretty mindless. I can chit chat and still get a lot done.


COMMENTS:
Friday, June 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.190)
I'm so envious of you and your sewing day.

In the UK HRH stands for Her (or His) Royal Highness. It's the title given to the Queen (or King)

love and hugs ginaxxx


Friday, June 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter (72.128.96.214)
Yep, and that is what it ended up being! She was a Serene Princess in the country of Lichtenstein (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). Her Father the reigning prince and brother the heir to the throne were both killed at the same time. The country originally wouldn't allow a female to be on the throne but they changed their law for her. Since her mother was direct blood line to two Kings that were HRH her title could be changed from Serene to HRH.


Friday, June 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.199)
You are really going to town on those project Linus quilts. I love those rag quilts they are always so warm and cozy. I bet you guys can't wait for your sewing day tomorrow. I wish we had something like that here. It sounds so fun. I will be waiting all day Saturday for you to post to let us know how it went.
Kristie






Catch up on

No comments: