Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Itch, Itch, Scratch, Scratch, Itch, Itch, Scratch, Scratch



Oh My GOD!! About 3pm today I started itching insanely. It feels like it's coming from the inside out. Now we all know I'm allergic to everything but I've never itched this bad. I cannot figure out what I got into to cause this. I haven't eaten anything odd, I haven't come into contact with anything odd. Finally I called my mom at work to see if she had any advise for me. Her advise was to call my allergist immediately. I called and he was at his satellite office. I called that number and told the nurse what I had taken so far today which was my two Claritan this morning. She told me to take a Benadryl because of the antihistimine that would calm my system down. No one in my office had a Benadryl. I think watching me scratch was making everyone else think they were itchy and scratchy. My boss told me I should just go home so I could get a Benadryl in me. Well, I took it around 4:10 and I'm still scratching like a maniac. After I eat I'll take another one.

To vent my frustration and keep my hands occupied I started cutting on the Project Linus Quilt that I've been working on. It's a Raggy Flannel quilt. I made it on Sunday night in about an hour. To be fair, it was all cut out. I just had to layer a piece of flannel a batting square and another piece of flannel. You sew an X through the squares and then when you're done with that step you sew them all together with the seams exposed. You go back and snip all the raw edges so that they will fray. My Mom is so excited to see it fray that we just threw it in the washing machine. Here is a before washing picture:

It's so cute, it's Snoopy Flannel. I'll post a picture to show how much it's frayed once it comes out of the dryer.


COMMENTS:
Tuesday, June 5, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.183)
I sure hope you are feeling better, I'm sure you are miserable. It doesn't sound like your medicine is working. I love the Snoopy fabric. It looks really nice, can't wait to see it after the drying. Oh, I'm sewing my last row on my quilt and then the borders and I'm done...
Kristie


Tuesday, June 5, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
How adorable! Someone will be so thrilled to get that! I sure hope your itching calms down. That is totally miserable! Rhoda


Tuesday, June 5, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by bobbinhead (65.31.225.153)
Jen, I hope they figure out why you are itching. Hopefully the benadryl is helping. Itching and scratching isn't fun. I have that problem with the seizure med I am on. They don't call it lam"itch"tal for nothing..lol. In all seriousness though I hope you are better.


Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.93)
Oh you poor love. I get bouts of itching aswell. I don't know what causes it either as I'm not allergic to anything (sickening isn't it). I have a cold shower and cover myself with baby lotion as i find that helps a bit.

I love the quilt, I haven't done a raggy quilt yet. I might get some flannels and do one. I don't have a dryer though so would it still work

love and hugs gina xx




Building a website is a piece of cake.
Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

No comments: