Monday, June 11, 2007

A Minor Victory



It's minor because it falls into the "We'll believe it when we see it" category.

This morning I had a run in with the cult. I went to leave for work and they were parked in my Husbands parking space. It's been something that's been re-occurring ever since the 50 cult members moved in. I hit my limit. I hit over my limit. Holly and I marched back up to the apartment, knocked on their door and demanded that they move the car. The guy claimed it wasn't any of their's but we all know better. I whipped out my digital camera and took a picture of it. He says, "Oh yeah, go ahead take your picture it's not going to do you any good." I yelled that while he was at it he should pick up all the trash that they leave behind because the world is not their dumpster. I thought to myself...gee, I've been photgraphing all the crap that's been going on around here so that we have proof if push comes to shove. I'm not proud, but I called my husband and told him I was going to move out until they moved August 31st. I said I'd live in my car if I had to. I was beyond mad. I was shaking I was so mad.

I decided enough was enough. I filled out the form for the city and faxed it off. They don't have a permit to have a business office. I was even able to find the zoning information online and site all the clauses that they were violating. Mike called the head office of our complex because our people wern't doing anything, always claiming it was a "corporate contract and their hands were tied." Well low and behold, a few hours later the chick that my mom has dubbed the "Pairs Hilton Look Alike" called and said their meetings will now be held at the party room and that the only people who will be in the office are the three girls who do the books. They're all supposed to be out of there now by 7pm. Ok, that part I'm a bit sketchy on because as it stands now they don't all finish their work day until 10pm

I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile, I'm sooooo glad that they have to move their meetings.

Of course, now Holly is used to going to my mom's every day. But it will be nice to take her to play when we want and if we can't take her over there it's not the end of the world. At least it's no longer a situation of HAVING to take her.


COMMENTS:
Monday, June 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.32.204)
Good For You!!! I don't blame you at all. Enough is enough! Hopefully, that will take care of it, but I guess you will just have to wait to see. What kind of meetings do they have anyway? They really should have more respect for the other people around. Let us know how it goes...
Kristie


Monday, June 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
It's a sad commentary on that business or whatever it is that they don't have the common curtesy to be considerate of the people around them. I'm not one to quickly take action, but you also pay money for your rights, and when they are infringed upon, it's time to make your voice heard. You go girl! Rhoda


Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.82)
Good for you. I'm all for standing up against intimidation of all kinds, and what you are suffering is a form of bullying. Make sure that all your complaints are filed legally and they won't have a leg to stand on

love an dhugs gina xxx


Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (68.74.139.81)
You go girl! If you don't stand up for yourself, nine times out of ten, no one else will. I hope this helps your stress level go down, as stress isn't good for any one!


Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.74.139.81)
Opps! Forgot to login! That last comment was from me :)





Got a little couch potato?
Check out fun summer activities for kids.

No comments: