Monday, June 18, 2007

Project Linus Meeting



Well, Tonight was supposed to be our last Project Linus meeting for the summer. We meet at a store called Homespun Creations in New Berlin. Last month I got there late to find there was no one to be found. I found out later that 3 people had waited until about 6:30 and the owner of the store never showed. By the time I got there they had given up waiting. This month Kelly who heads our group called her in the morning to remind her of our meeting. She left a message on her voice mail with her home and cell numbers to call her if anything changed. Sandy never called her so Kelly assumed we were on. I pulled in the lot around 5:45 and Kelly was waiting in her van. Go figure, Homespun Creations was locked up tight. Karen pulled in too and since it was raining I rolled down both windows and we just talked between the cars. I gave up around 6:20. At least I dropped off my finished blankets with Kelly and she gave me a bag of 8 that have been quilted that just need binding attached. I guess the morning group is anti-binding. I don't care, it's just part of the process. I actually enjoy binding by machine. It goes so quickly.

When I got home, I intended to sew. I figured I could knock out the binding on a few quilts. Mike was watching the Brewer game so I decided to go into the bedroom and watch TV while I stretched out my hips. My hips have been giving me problems the last few days. It's funny how my back problem has finally reached my hips. We're making great progress but, that's where the problem must have started with my wobbly chair. I ended up falling asleep. Mike woke me up around 11:30 to take my contacts out and go to bed. I slept straight through until 6:30am Tuesday Morning. Darn this humidity!!

I just wish I knew what was going on over at Homespun Creations. A few months back they posted the most bizzare schedule. It was open like 2 or 3 days a week and very limited hours. Now, they were closed two times when the Project Linus group was supposed to meet. The thing is, if you don't want us meeting at your store or just don't have the time or energy to stay open for us just say so. We could find somewhere else to meet. I guess she was normally supposed to be open until 5:30. Kelly said she got there at 5:30 to find the doors were already locked. We thought, ok, maybe she just ran out to get a bite to eat and would be back before 6. But nothing.

It's close enough to work so I might try to stop in there tomorrow during lunch. If anything I can at least pick up some kits to tide me over through summer.

I think I've officially burnt out on pillow cases. I've got 25 cut and ready to sew and just no ambition to do them. I keep telling myself if I can just get them sewn and then cut and sew up the rest of the fabric from the donated box (which I doubt is more than 10-15) that I could be done. I've sewn so many for them and believe me, it's a great cause but I could do pillow cases in my sleep! If I take my total since I started last August, I've already sewn 175 within one year.
COMMENTS:
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.199.172.111)
I'm glad you're back posting. i was getting a bit worried that there was something wrong.
I struggle when it's humid aswell. I can't breathe very well and feel drained. we've had a few weeks of it but it's alot cooler now so my energy levels are back to what I count as normal.
It's strange about the shop. Perhaps she doesn't want you there any more but hasn't got the bottle to tell you
I'd ask face to face

love and hugs gina xxx


Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.144)
Well, for one thing, that sure is bad for business. And they should have let someone know, before everyone showed up again for the Project Linus. I would be a little irritated.

I would go crazy making that many pillow cases...I don't see how you do it. But you sound like me on my sampler quilt. I only need 3 blocks and for the life of me, I can't bring myself to finish it...But don't do it if you don't feel like it, remember sewing is supposed to be fun, not work!
Kristie


Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by cowgirl4ever (138.162.140.59)
Wow I'm sorry to hear that your Project LInus meeting didn't go well.. Thats too bad its a shame when there are people out there that want to help.. how many were discouraged from helping because there wasn't a meeting?

Redundancy does tend to make sewing seem like a chore rather than the relaxing fun that it should be.. You pillow cases gave me an idea.. My online group is talking about putting together a retreat.. I thought that pillow cases would be the perfect project to remember the retreat

Heather




Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

No comments: