Saturday, June 2, 2007

Quilting Dog Poem



A QUILTER'S FRIEND

A dog is a constant companion
Who hangs around whatever you do.
If you think something is of interest,
A good dog wants to know too.
So quilters' dogs check out the fabrics,
Make sure scraps don't go to waste,
Proof all of the quilts for comfort
And generally test for taste.
One can quilt without a canine companion,
But once the habit is there
It's a lonely business without one --
But you would have quilts with no hair!

Jacquie in Vermont

This is a good poem too! This one is definately like Holly. Around here we say, "It's not a quilt until Holly has laid on it."


COMMENTS:
Saturday, June 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
How cute! I think you feel about Holly like I do about the horses. I would bring them in the house if I could...
Kristie



Sunday, June 3, 2007 - Quilt dog
Posted by LavenderHeron
Ha ha You must have met our Lacy. She is the best quilting buddy. One weekend I had three young ladies at my house all making quilts for the first time. We had quilts laid out on every bed, and every flat surface of the house. I was afraid she was going to pass out from exhaustion because Lacy was compelled to nap on each and every one....no matter what stage of completion it was in. Happily they were all dog lovers and didn't get too excited about the furry critter that was initiating their work. Your poem reminded me of that weekend. Thanks!


No comments: