Saturday, June 30, 2007

Scrap Fest



Well, We went to scrap fest after all. We just couldn't resist. Who can resist a giant mound of fabric and not dive in? I ended up with a pound and mom bought a pound and a half. We first got there around 3:30 and by then the price was down to $12 a pound. Now THAT was a deal!! I picked up a few marble pieces that will be great in my stash. I also picked out a few pieces that will go in a fall quilt should I ever actually get to that point. We had to take a picture of Julie the owner of Patched Works. She was decked out in a skirt made out of 2-1/2 inch strips. We were laughing because we said if this were our Strip Poker night, strip poker would take on a whole new meaning as we pulled them off her skirt!!


COMMENTS:
Sunday, July 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.102)
That's cute, she has a big imagination. sounds like you had fun buying your fabric, can't wait to see what you make out of it...
Kristie


Sunday, July 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.72.11.210)
Oh, that is too funny!!! I can just see you and your mom jerking strips off her skirt :0) Glad you went. Sounds like you made a nice haul.


Sunday, July 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
Julie makes going to the Patched Works really enjoyable. The store has taken on a whole new feeling since Julie bought it almost a year ago. Before that I hardly ever went there now I'm there all the time. Oh and a correction I only bought a little over a half a pound of fabric. Just a few odd pieces to add to my stash.
Cindy


Monday, July 2, 2007 - Great fun
Posted by born2quilt (162.129.72.51)
This is so funny. A scrap feast, never heard of that. I one time went to a store and the woman there who was working that day offered me any of her scraps because she was cleaning house. I took alot that day. WOW, fabric stashes are where it's at. Congrats on the new finds. Stephanie



No comments: