Friday, June 29, 2007

Sliver Removal


I had a sliver today and somewhere I remembered reading that if you put super glue over the area and allow it to dry you can peel off the super glue and the sliver will come with it.

I was at work and I figured, Why Not? I'm just sitting and typing, it's not like I'm moving around and going to get stuck to something. Sure enough, it worked! And it worked well.

I was very excited to leave work today. I don't have to go back until the 6th of July and that is just one day and it's the weekend again!! Wooo Hooo

Oh, and my table. I'm so impressed with that company so far. I ordered my table at 11:58am yesterday and by 4:30pm I had an email with a tracking number saying that it already shipped. HOLY COW!! It's coming from Florida and has already made it to Nashville, TN. I'll get it on Tuesday!!

COMMENTS:
Saturday, June 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.190)
Okay Jen, don't laugh...What the HECK is a sliver? Are you talking about a splinter? Yes, I know you are laughing at me :o) Can't wait until you get your table and try it out as I will be purchasing some type of table when we get moved in the new house...
Kristie


Saturday, June 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera (74.196.174.121)
How funny, I have never heard anyone refer to it as a sliver either. We call them splinters. I will have to remember the glue thing though.


Saturday, June 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.32.207)
Oh by the way, enjoy your time off, what are your plans for the week? Sewing? Sewing? and more sewing? :o)
Kristie


Sunday, July 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
Yeah we've always called them slivers because it's a little sliver of something. Let me just tell you about my daughter Jen and slivers. She's never been one for any kind of blood or pain of any kind. So one time as a joke she had a sliver in her hand and we went into the bathroom to get the tweezers to get it out. In walks her Dad and he opens up this big knife and says he'll get it out for her. My girl turned sheet white and just about passed out on us. So much for a joke.
Cindy


Sunday, July 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
Jen, I know what a sliver is!! This is in the "learn something new" category. I didn't realize that it wasn't a word that was universally used in the US. Sort of like pop. It must be a northern thing. Hazel, do they use that word in Canada? Rhoda



No comments: