Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Sew-A-Palooza



Today started off rather slowly. I just couldn't get myself going because I didn't want to work on those dreaded post cards again. I'll wait to show a picture until they actually become post cards. There were two pieces that had to be put together before they were paper pieced. Since I changed the block to be 6 x 4 I just couldn't get the angle to work right. Since I'm making post cards for my Swap and for a few friends that I just want to send post cards too, I'll just use the "funky" ones for my friends. They're not bad, they're just not right!! I would feel bad using them for the swap since these ladies probably send all picture perfect post cards. Finally I got my butt moving and went to my moms. I got those post cards pieced and another 4 of a different style.

I sewed together 2 more of those raggy flannel project linus quilts. I'll wait to post pictures of those until I have them snipped. I am however going to leave them to someone else to wash. I'm so awful! I got 4 sets of my Split Rail Fence strips ironed. Now I'll cut them this week and sew and iron their bindings this week. I have one more set to sew, iron and cut. I also have another raggy flannel to make but the batting didn't come with it so I'll have to go through my batting scraps and cut those up before I sew. Project Linus meets next Monday so I'm hoping to have everything completed that I have so that I can grab a bunch of kits to hold me over for the summer. We won't meet again until September.

This coming Saturday we're having an all day sewing event at Frank's Sewing Center from 9am until 4pm. I plan on taking all my project linus stuff that still needs to be worked on. With any luck I'll get 5 tops completed. After that it's onto cutting and sewing pillow cases. I'm going to do my best to knock out the next 75 that I had set my goal to. It would be nice if I could have all of those done by the end of July so that I can just work on Project Linus and my own projects for the rest of the year.

Wow, what a blah post...not a single picture. =( Off to snip one of the Project Linus Quilts!


COMMENTS:
Sunday, June 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.237)
Can't wait to see your postcards. I am amazed by how perfect they look and they are so small. You really have your mind set on finishing those project Linus quilts and pillowcases. I think it is a great thing that you are doing, but still it is a lot of work. I'm sure you can do it...
Kristie


Sunday, June 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by cowgirl4ever (138.162.140.42)
It sounds like you got alot of things done. I only wish I could get that many things done. I guess if I had kits for everything it would make getting things done easier but that takes the fun out of picking fabrics. How did you get involved in project linus?

Heather







Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.

No comments: