Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunflower Dresden Plate


Ok, here's the first of my 5 tops that need to be finished. I posted the blue and yellow pineapple quilt a while back. That one is basted and I've started the quilting on it. I really should get back to it one of these days. It wouldn't take me that long to do if I just sat down and decided to knock it out. Here's the pineapple quilt just to jog your memories:

This is a Sunflower Dresden Plate. I got the pattern and the idea out of Eleanor Burns, Egg Money Quilts book. I fell in love with the sunflower and had to make it. I bought way too many Fat Quarters and Fat Eights of yellows but I wanted there to be no two petals alike in each flower. The Dresden plates are supposed to be 20 petals each but for whatever reason I couldn't get it to work without really struggling with it. I removed one petal and it laid perfectly. I decided not to worry about it and just go with the 19.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this quilt. I made it last summer. I want to do some stitching in each of the petals instead of just stitching in the ditch. I'd like to stipple on the tan background and then do something decorative in the border. The only reason it isn't finished yet is because I was waiting until I became really comfortable with my stippling. Now it's just a matter of waiting until the Pineapple Quilt is finished!!


COMMENTS:

Sunday, June 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (64.12.116.10)
Of all of the quilt tops that Jen has in process this is the one that is my very favorite top.
Cindy


Sunday, June 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori (24.215.52.160)
I love that pinapple quilt blue and yellow is a great combination


Sunday, June 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (69.208.90.46)
These quilts are both beautiful! Did you applique by hand or by machine your dresden plates??? It really is beautiful. Very nice job :0)


Sunday, June 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.199)
These are beautiful. Love them both, but I think the pineapple is my favorite. Can't wait to see them quilted.
Kristie


Sunday, June 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (84.232.61.168)
very nice

No comments: