Thursday, July 12, 2007

Another Post Card...

I've got the Barenaked Ladies song, "Another Postcard" in my head now!! That's ok, that is better than my tangent latley of "Spider Pig, Spider Pig, Does Whatever a Spider Pig Does" from the Simpson's movie commercials.

(Every one is, every one is, every one is addressed to me.
Every one is, every one is, every one is, bop bop!)

You can't imagine so many monkeys in the daily mail
And all of them coming anonymously so they leave no trail
I never thought I'd have an admirer from overseas
But someone is sending me stationary filled with chimpanzees.

Some chimps in swimsuits,
Some chimps are swinging from a vine
Some chimps in jackboots
Some chimps that wish they could be mine.
Starsky and Hutch chimps
A chimp who's sitting on the can.
A pair of Dutch chimps who send their love from Amsterdam.

Another postcard with chimpanzees
And every one is addressed to me.
Another postcard with chimpanzees
And every one is addressed to me.

If I had to guess, I'd say the monkey-sender thinks it's great
He's sending me,
maybe she's sending me, just to see me get irate
I'm losing sleep - and it's gonna be keeping me up all night
I thought it was funny, but
now I've got money on a monkey fight.

Some chimps in hard hats
Chimps a-working on
a chain gang
Some chimps who love cats
Burning rubber in a Mustang
A birthday-wishing chimp,
A chimp in black like a goth
A goin' fishin' chimp
A British chimp in the *accent* bath.

Another postcard with chimpanzees
And every one is addressed
to me.
Another postcard with chimpanzees.
And every one is addressed to me.

Somehow they followed me even
though I packed and moved my home
No matter what, they come, and they
come, they won't leave me alone
Another monkey in the mail could make me lose my mind
But look at me shuffling through the stack
until I finally find

Some chimps in swimsuits
Some chimps in Jackboots
Some chimps in hard hats
Some chimps who love cats
I've got some shaved
chimps; that's chimps devoid of any hair
I've got depraved chimps
dressed up in women's underwear.

Another postcard with chimpanzees
And every one is addressed to me.
Every one is, every
one is, every one is addressed to me.
Every one is, every one is, every
one is addressed to me.

Another postcard with chimpanzees
And every one is addressed to me.
Another postcard with chimpanzees
And every one is addressed to me.
Another postcard with chimpanzees
And every one is addressed to me.
Another postcard with chimpanzees
And every one is addressed to me.

*background* Some chimps in swimsuits
Some chimps in Jackboots
Some chimps in hard hats
Some chimps who love cats
I've got some shaved chimps; that's chimps
devoid of any hair
I've got depraved chimps dressed up in women's underwear.
Starsky and Hutch chimps
A chimp who's sitting on the can
A pair of Dutch chimps who send their love from Amsterdam.
Some chimps in mustangs
Some chimps in chain gangs
I got a birthday wishin' chimp, and i
got a goin' fishin' chimp

Anyway, I got another lovely postcard in the mail today. This one came from Janet. I love getting fabric filled mail!!




By now a few of my dear blog readers should have either gotten a fabric surprise or should be getting one!! I know that my Mom, my friend Maureen and my Cousin Tracey have gotten theirs. Who could possibly be left? Hmmmmmmm. Giggle...I'll never telllllllll.


Now, I've got to stop procrastinating and put the binding on my Alzheimer's quilt!! It's the hand sewing thing that's got me procrastinating.

Comments:


Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.33.28)
You are hilarious!! I laugh almost everytime that I read one of your posts!! Your postcards are beautiful! You whip those together like they are nothing, amazing. And yes, Jen, I think I am hooked on paper-piecing...Not that I could do it for long periods of time, but I do like it. I made my stitches real tiny, so that the paper would tear easy, it just seemed like there was so much of it. Oh well, I guess that is just part of it. Kristie

Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.33.28)
Oh, by the way, I love the new postcard that you got. It seems like these things (postcards) are popping up everywhere. Almost very quilt website that I get on, it has something about postcards. They are very beautiful...who knows you may get me started on those too. I think they would be nice to mail at Christmas instead of a traditional card...hmmm... Kristie

Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
Ok, I admit I'm old, but I don't remember ever hearing that song! It made me laugh. Rhoda

Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Post cards
Posted by born2quilt (69.243.84.230)
I love these. I have never made one before. I hear all about them. What do you do with them once they are done? Do people display them? Send them as postcards in the mail? Just curious. Stephanie

Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (12.205.65.222)
Who could possibly be left????? ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!! cRaZy MiChElLe

Friday, July 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts (209.159.204.1)
That one is cool. I love getting them in the mail. Maybe I'll have some tonight. I know two people are going to be late of the 6, but that still leaves 2 more to receive. Two bad I don't have everyone's snail mail address then I could send more to my blogger buddies!

Saturday, July 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts (209.159.245.73)
Thanks Jen! I love my postcard. It was the best part of my day yesterday. I was so excited to see it when I got home. You do such an awesome job on your postcards. Your printed backs are so nice. I need to learn how to do those too. Thanks again!

No comments: