Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Batting Storage



I did a lot of thinking today, it didn't even hurt...

I decided that while I like the Kalidescope quilt pattern that I started making for Alli, I'm not wild over what it's looking like so far. The strips I was using for it are 3-1/2 inches and low and behold, the strips I need for the Yellow Brick Road are 3-1/2 inches. I do need some 6-1/2" strips but I have fabric I can use for that. So I'm now making a total of 3 YBR Twin sized quilts between now and August 10th.

Then I began to think of my one log cabin quilt that I made years ago and never finished. I was thinking of my cousin Katie (Zack & Jake's mom) and how she's had a really rough few years and how it would be nice if she had a quilt. Ironically, my mom had the same thought today about my log cabin quilt. While I work on these other tops my mom is going to get it basted and get the binding ready. I'll stipple it and give it to her. Mind you, it's between a King and Queen size. So I sent a goofy email to my cousin saying, "If someone were to ask you the size of your bed, what would you say?" I'm contemplating cutting some of the borders down to make it a more managable size. We could then use that border fabric as bindings.

My mom went with me to Target to pick up the gift card and some cute baby things for our baby shower at work tomorrow. It's the one I made the quilt for. We stopped at Michael's with my 40% off coupons so that we could each get a bag of quilt batting. I went to throw the bags in my trunk and stopped to look at the rest of my batting (Also stored in the trunk) and my mom started to laugh at me. Says I'm the only person she's ever seen who stores batting in their trunk. I currently have 4 queen sized bats and a baby quilt sized bat. If I bring it in the house it's just going to end up back in the trunk anyway when I take my quilt somewhere to baste it.

Speaking of basting...I just had a brain storm. I wonder if I could take my quilts out to Frank's Sewing Center and use their class tables to baste my 4 quilts. Hmmmmmmmm. I'll have to call and ask.

Well, I'm off to make some brownies and to get sewing on my Yellow Brick Road quilts.

COMMENTS:
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Amazing!!! Just don't over do it trying to get those quilts finished. You will be cutting it close, but I'm sure if you are determined you can do it, with no problem. Oh, and I store my batting under the bed...
Kristie


Thursday, July 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
Jen, you are the busiest girl I have ever known. Now I know where all my energy went....to Milwaukee! Give it back, darn it! Michelle


Thursday, July 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
My quilt shop always lets us use their tables if we want to baste. the girls will even help if it's quiet. They will also let us take our machines and sew there if you need a bit of peace and quiet from home.
I can't believe you keep your wadding in the car. Mine is in a big bin in my sewing room.
by the way, how do you think without it hurting. I could do with some tips.

love and hugs gina xxx


Thursday, July 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed that Jen stores her batting in the trunk of her car. I laughed so hard and then she tried to tell me that since we're in Wisconsin and she doesn't have a car blanket that if she gets stranded in the winter she'll just use a batting or two to keep warm.
Cindy






Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

No comments: