Sunday, July 8, 2007

Beautiful Yellow Flowers!!

I spent today with my friend Gale. The two of us went to the Patched Works for their 1 Year Anniversary party. We had some wonderful cake. I bought a piece of blue fabric that will go with another blue batik that I've owned for about 6 years and could never figure out just the right thing to make. I've decided on an Ocean Waves Quilt. I CAN'T WAIT to start it but I have to finish up a few projects before I'm going to allow it! I made 9 pillow cases while I was at Gale's. We had a really nice time. I don't get to see her often enough.


When I got home I had quite the surprise! Mike brought me a bouquet of flowers and they were sitting on the kitchen table with two pez dispensers (I'm a pez dispenser addict - always have been, always will be). He had also grocery shopped and picked me up lunches and yougrt for the week AND re-hung a hook for me in our bedroom that fell off the wall a few weeks back. I was excited!!



I worked on my pineapple quilt for a while and then I was just so tired from sleeping on the air matress all week that I went to bed at 9:30. That's just unheard of in my house. I'm usually going to bed around 11:30-12. I couldn't wait to get in bed. I'm glad to be done with the air mattress. It's not that it wasn't comfortable, I just had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep on it.

Comments:


Monday, July 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.101)
Lucky you!! A day of sewing and flowers??? Hmmm...I may have to have a little talk with Richard and HINT!! The flowers are beautiful. Kristie

Monday, July 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori (24.215.52.160)
The flowers are sooooo pretty ,what a nice surprise .

Monday, July 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
Those flowers are beautiful. The problem with living alone is unless you buy flowers for yourself you don't get flowers. Take lots of pictures of them maybe one of those we could blow up for my wall. I understand what you mean about being tired. Even though I slept good on the couch while GMA was here I was so glad to get back in my own bed. Even tonight all I've done is sleep. Mom


Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.214)
What beautiful flowers. Can I borroow Mike as Mal wouldn't know where to start with the weekly shopping love an dhugs gina xxx

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (71.205.159.90)
Lucky Gal! It sounds like a wonderful day! Rhoda

No comments: