Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blue Brick Road is stippled!



It's all quilted. My poor mom is still trying to get the basting tacks out of the green one. I'll post a picture later once the sun goes down a bit. My outdoor picture spot is a little too bright this time of day. I'm not as happy with the stippling on this quilt. I tried doing a larger stippling pattern. Well, when I go larger, my stitches get larger. I think for the pink and purple I'll have to go a bit smaller.

Mom and I went to Fat Quarter Frenzy this afternoon. Neither of us meant to buy that many but...you know what happens. I think I have thirty some. I also bought the teeny tiny Yo-Yo maker and two yards of a pink dragon fly print that was on clearance. Ohhh, the Fall issue of Quilters Home just came out so I picked that up as well.

My mom has been calling herself a "House Elf" like in the Harry Potter Books. She kept telling me that I needed to name her. Well, low and behold there is a web site that does just that. You can have your very own Witch or Wizard name, a house elf name and it has a Fantastic Beast namer. Here's the LINK

My mom's elf name is "Peony." So that's what I've been calling her. I told her that just like in the books she can only be relased once her "master" (me) gives her an article of clothing. Giggle. We're a bunch of nuts! If she was a witch, her name would be Ingrid Ze Insightful.

Holly's fantastic beast is the Hinkypunk. Murphy's is the Grindylow. My Witch name is Penelope Pinkstone. My House Elf name is Bertha. I think I'll stick with the Witch name.

Well, time to go wind some bobbins and start in on the purple and pink quilt.

COMMENTS:
Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
You two are tooooo funny, I think you guys are sewing too much and starting to loose your minds... :o) I can't wait to see your blue quilt. You are killing me on these here I feel like I can't get anything accomplished.
Kristie


Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Jen's in the Guiness Book of World Records!
Posted by luv2quilt
Hi Jen,
I think your stitches are longer because you are moving the quilt faster than when you stippled smaller. I noticed that when a couple of girls used my quilter to get ready for the fair. One kept a nice steady pace, and the other girl (sisters) was 'whipping' around corners and her stitches were considerably longer. I read somewhere, but can't remember where, that if you maintain the same pace of movement, your stitches will stay more uniform. Now keep in mind, I have never quilted like you do on a machine. I really don't think my neck, shoulders and arms could take it, but I do know it makes a difference while running the quilter.

Congratulations on getting so many quilts done. You will be so tired tomorrow you'll have to go to work to rest. By the way Jen, if there was an entry in the Guiness Book of World Records, for the most of everything accomplished on quilts in one day, a picture of your sweet face would be right next to the entry.
You are just a bundle of energy, and now I know where some of my energy went, and I want it back! I'm so happy your mom and you enjoy each other the way you do, and have so much fun together. What a blessing! Michelle


Sunday, July 29, 2007 - YBR quilts
Posted by jillquilts
I can't wait to see the pictures from today! Just hearing/reading everything that you have been doing makes me tired. But it reminds me of a fellow quilter and how much she gets done at quilt retreats. I always hope that I will be able to keep up with her, but it never happens!

Keep up the great work!


Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Happy 200th post!!! I keep waiting for you to post your photo of the blue one....can't wait to see it.
Kristie






No comments: