Monday, July 9, 2007

Fabric Postcards and Bruising

I made some great progress on my post cards. I only actually need 6 for my swap but I'm making 18 all together. Tonight I got the paper removed for the ones I already had made and I printed off all of the postcard backs. I had more tops made than I remembered having done so that was a good thing. I made an additional 2 post cards for some specialty ones that swap people had requested. I still have one swap post card to do, but that will go out on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll get the rest of my Postcards done tomorrow night.




Ok, what was I thinking? Yes they're patriotic but the red should be where the blue is and vice versa. Sigh.




These are the ones that frustrated me. On the left side, the dark blue needed to be sewn to that tiny tan triangle that borders the top edge. It needed to be sewn together first and then added to the foundation. I think it didn't work right because the scaling was changed to be uneven. It's 4 x 6 instead of 4x4. If you look at Moniek's Red, white and blue heart, hers is 6 x 4 but has the exact same problem. I'm glad it's not just me!!




I really like the frog post card. This one was a request. The purple one, I don't know what I was thinking. It's pretty but it's sooooo blah.



I took two more pictures of Mike's leg tonight. It's really starting to bruise. The pictures kind of blur the bruising out but it's all turning purple and green. But wow...it's all so smooth in appearance. Yuck...that's one big incision behind the knee cap. He said it's really starting to hurt there. This is 6 days post op. The white spots if you're wondering is the liquid bandage that was applied after the surgery. You're not supposed to pick or wash it off.





I'm off to bed. Still a lot to get done this week. I'd like to:

  1. Finish the post cards. (I'm mailing what's done tomorrow)
  2. Add the binding to the Pansy
  3. Spend some time working on Alli's quilt...that one is going to take a LOOOONG time to finish so I'll work in stages.
  4. Finish quilting the white on the Pineapple and get the first border set up to quilt.
  5. Cut and begin to sew a baby quilt that I need in 2 weeks.




How could I forget Mike's Catch Phrase of the evening? Remember how my back was bothering me below my shoulder blade and I went through physical therapy? Well, the pain moved from the shoulder blade to my side which is where a lot of the muscles connect. All of a sudden, this evening I have a similar pain...not in my side any longer but about 1 inch below where my underwire of my bra hits. Ummm, HOLY CRAP IT HURTS!! The tender area is about the size of a half dollar. I'm not worried about it because I now know it's muscular and it's soooo similar to the other pain..it's just moving around my rib cage. I swear to god it's all on the same rib line. Anyway, I mention this to Mike. I'm sure my forehead was wrinkled up and worried looking. He says, "I know what you're thinking...that it's a tumor and you know what? Tumors don't move so it's not a tumor." Now you've got to know Mike to know how deadpan serious he says this stuff and it gets me to crack up every single time. And, why do we joke about tumors? There was a movie with Arnold Swartzenegger in it where he says something about it not being a tumor only he pronounces it tumah. So every time I get a sharp pain (Like my migraines or my back problems) I always start out the conversation with, "I've got this tumah." And Mike replies, "It's not a tumah, it's a tumor."

Comments:
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.33.38)
You guys are so funny! I hope your pain gets better. I think your postcards turned out beautiful! I'm amazed by them but of course, they would have to be paper pieced. I think the guild is having a paper piecing class sometime this Fall. You sure sound like you will have a busy week, trying to get your list accomplished. Oh, Mike's leg looks a lot better, but the bruising looks terrible, I guess that should start to fade in a few days. Kristie

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by cowgirl4ever (72.197.247.59)
I think your post cards look great. I took a class on them and have never done anything with it. Maybe before the holidays. I just put together some little change purses that I tried with I first started quilting and thought I would never do it because it came out all wrong the first time.. maybe I'm just getting better at things.. smiles. I hope your feeling better soon.. Heather

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
OMG it's not a tumor. I think you have way too much tension in you when you sew and last night it was those darn post cards. Blow those people off. Mike's leg looks really great even though it's only been one week. I didn't realize there was an incision behind his knee cap. Ouch. Mom

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina (172.131.51.213)
Wow I really liked your postcards.....especially the solid heart ones and the frog!! And Mike's leg looks like the swelling is really going down......

No comments: