Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hand Sewing Binding

Is for the birds!! OMG, my wrist is sore (I have carpal tunnel which is why I don't hand sew to begin with). This quilt is only 9" x 12" for crying out loud. I still have 2 corners and about 1-1/2 sides left to do. This is awful!! I'm never going to get this done by tomorrow night. It's bed time and I get a 1/2 hour lunch. At this rate my mom will be driving us out to our meeting so I can keep working on this binding until the last ever loving minute.


My neck is bothering me pretty bad too which is why I'm not getting so far. I tried to "hang my head" for about a minute and a half today. Mind you this is just tucking my chin to my chest and staring down. When I raised it up I felt nauceous and I had Migraine type pains...gee I guess I just figured out where my migraines stem from. =( Yikes. Now what to do about it? I literally can't stand myself at the moment. We were watching TV earlier and they were laughing about someone wearing a neck brace. All I could think of was gee, if I had a neck brace it would take some of the weight of my head off of my neck. I suppose, I should go so that I can lay my neck back on my torturous shiatsu massager thingie.

Comments:
Friday, July 13, 2007 - Advil is my friend!
Posted by born2quilt (69.243.84.230)
Jen, I am the same way with all the hand quilting I do. I am working on a 9 patch hand appliqued peice that I just finished and now I am hand appliquing the border. I have to take Advil (Ibuprophen) to get me through the work. I have to take breaks so my fingers don't go numb. Hope you feel better, Stephanie

Friday, July 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
Have you ever been to a chiropractor? I know they don't cure cancer and it scares me that they don't advocate childhood immunizations, but for my spinal problems with fibromyalgia, she does an excellent job! I used to get a lot of headaches but since I go to her about every 3 - 4 weeks, they are very seldom. If you have already tried that, I'm sorry to bore you, but if you haven't, it might be worth the try. According to my Dr. there are good ones and not so good ones, so you kind of have to ask around for who is good. I have a sister who has painful back problems for a year now, and she won't even try it. It makes me mad. She says it won't work for this. For her there are no gray areas. Everything is either totally good or totally bad. Rhoda

Friday, July 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.59)
I'm with you, I hate to hand sew binding. I told Richard that if I were born back in the pioneer days and had to hand sew everything, we would freeze to death. I hope you start feeling better. I get bad headaches sometimes like that from reading, Dr said it was how I held my head. They gave me Imitrex (don't know if I spelled that right), but after a while that stopped working.... Kristie

No comments: