Friday, July 27, 2007

Jacob's Yellow Brick Road Quilt Top



The first top is together! The other blocks are done too, just waiting to be assembled. Tomorrow when I come home from work I'm hoping to get the other two together so that there's still time to run to Jo-Ann's to buy the border and binding fabric. Then it's time to start layering these suckers up.

I'm working on the green one next. That's Zack's. I tell you what, I'm scared of the pink and purple one. I really should have done it first to get it out of the way!!

I think I will now refer to them as "The Trio." Thanks for that name Rhoda!

I made great progress today but I think it's time for bed. Well...maybe a little more sewing first. Besides we're having a storm and while it would make sense to shut down the computer and the sewing machine I know if I get in bed Holly will just hide in the bathroom. I feel better as a dog mom just being up with her. At least this way she can crawl up my a$$ and it makes her happy. Frustrates the crap out of me, but hey, she's happy. I did slip her a benadryl to make her a little loopy. She has tranqulizers for storms but they make her way loopier than I'd like to see AND it takes so long to run through her system. By the time the darn pills kick in the storm is usually over. The benadryl only takes about 30 minutes and she re-bounds much quicker. The tranquilizers seem to hang on for about 24 hours.

Follow the Yellow Brick Road. Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow, follow, follow, follow,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow the Yellow Brick, Follow the Yellow Brick,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

I'm off to sew the Trio, The Wonderful Trio of Quilts

You'll find I quilt a lot, if ever a quilter there was.
If ever oh ever a quilter there was The quilter is one becoz,
Becoz, becoz, becoz, becoz, becoz.
Becoz of the wonderful things she quilts
.

I think it only takes three signatures to commit someone...and if you all banned together and did that, who exactly would entertain you? Besides, I don't think they allow sharp objects in the funny farm and well I don't think I could be separated from my rotary cutter, my scissors and my sewing needles. Can you make Yo-Yo's with a plastic needle?


COMMENTS:
Friday, July 27, 2007 - Committal
Posted by Anonymous
In Iowa, it only takes TWO signatures for committal....but you are right....WHO would entertain us, and who are you hurting by being cheerful and silly? The world needs more Jens in it.

Didn't I say I was going to bed? I think I did. G'night....Oh, I hear thunder!
Did you send your storm down here Jen? Hey! I AM a human weather barometer!
Michelle


Friday, July 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I love the quilt top...You did a wonderful job on it. I can't wait to see the green one, I love greens...It stormed here last night too. Fred, our basset hound is like Holly. He kept trying to tear the front door down, so I had to go out in the strom and take him to the outbuilding until it was over.
Kristie


Friday, July 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
All I can say is that's my kid, gotta love her. Now of course that darn song sill be in my head for the rest of the day.
Cindy


Friday, July 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Yes, Jen, you do make me laugh! My dog is exactly like Holly, when it's storming she's as close as she can get. At night she's lying between my husband and me - he started it! She can be so hot, but she won't move. Mine will not be one of the signatures. Rhoda






Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality with Yahoo! Autos.

No comments: