Saturday, July 14, 2007

Lots of Sewing on a Saturday


Today my Mom and I ran over to Bits & Pieces to check out their sale. They had a bin of fat quarters for $1 each. I bought a few to put with my fall colors stash and then I managed to pick out about 20 white on white fat quarters that I'll use for my ocean waves quilt. I was originally going to get my white on white at Jo-Ann's but it's gotten sooooo thin ofter the past year or so. I was happy to get 5 yards then for $20. I'm itching to get started on that but I have so many other things that I really should get done before I go starting another project. I bought 2 fat quarters so that I could make a new fabric bowl for my end table. There always seems to be a little of this and a little of that collecting on it's top so I'd rather just have it in a bowl. I also picked up a few fun fat quarters to make two new purses and wonder wallets. This time I'm going to make the Sassy Bag.

We stopped in at Barnes & Nobel to reserve our Harry Potter books for next week. I bought a fun deck of Uno Cards that are designed with the characters from Shrek on them. There's a little Shrek Head carrying case they go in too. Just something fun. I also got a new Harry Potter Book Mark so that I'm all set and ready to go when I get my book.

When we got back from our shopping trip Mom came over to work on cutting out circles for her Yo-Yo's and I worked on quilting my pineapple quilt. I got the top done, now I need to work on the borders. Of course, just as I was ready to fold it up for the night I found an area of blue that has yet to be quilted. Oh well, the blue border is next so I'll take care of it then.

Mike brought in the mail and to my surprise Moniek had sent me a post card! The two of us "postcard swap renegades" were definitely thinking on the same wave length because I sent her one too!! I LOVE the wonky zig zag stitch she used on the edges. It never occurred to me to use something other than a satin stitch. I'll have to try that next time.

I made my fabric bowl, it went together rather quickly. I'm happy with how this one turned out. I was able to use one of the new threads that I picked up at Frank's yesterday. It's a red varigated from King Tut.

Before sewing - Bowl Bottom & Bowl Top

After Sewing - Bowl Bottom & Bowl Top

We went tonight to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. What an awesome movie! I LOVED it and can't wait to see it again. It's neat to see how they tie things together and leave other things that I thought were important while reading the book completely out of the movie.

We got back from the movie around 10:30 and I started cutting the pieces for my Sassy Bag's and began to work on them. I'll wait until I'm finished to post a picture. Holly decided to watch me sew while she was sitting on the couch. I love when she looks over the back of the couch at me like this. I wish she did it more often!!


COMMENTS:
Sunday, July 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Well, you sure have been a busy little bee. Sounds like you got a good deal on the fat quarters. I really like the new post card that you got, love the edges too. Your fabric bowl is beautiful. I love how the red color pops out. Looks very nice...
Kristie


Sunday, July 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Holly is soooo cute! Rhoda


Sunday, July 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
Hi Jen,

Holly is such a love! Give her a big hug for me.

Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs


Monday, July 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts
So glad you like the postcard. I guess we both had the same idea! I got yours yesterday. Thanks so much.



No comments: