Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mega Fun Fabric Post Cards

Ok, I'm leaving the ugliness of the post card saga behind me. After a few more emails were exchanged she finally sent a half hearted apology. I don't think she still truly "gets" it though. It was nice though to get emails from some of the other swap moderators telling me not to give up on swapping, but to give one of theirs a try. I was also shocked at the number of emails I got from other swappers thanking me for saying something because they felt the same way but hadn't had the courage to say anything. At least I know now that it wasn't just me. The swap moderator was telling me that I was "reading into it too much." Umm, ok, when it's an email and it's written aren't you SUPPOSED to read it? Done, done, done, done. I'm a teflon duck. It's done. (Really Mike, I've let it go.)


Tonight I made some Fun ones for Friends and Family. Ok, diverse I'm not but they're SOOOOO freaking adorable. I think I could make a 100 of this style and never get tired of them. On the other hand, I really rattled through all my odds and ends of green thread. I don't have many that have the same bobbin thread all the way around. I'm green poor at the moment! Well, I do have a big spool of star brand in green and a couple of others but I think I killed about 5 different spools. I used one of my decorative stitches to do the watermelon seeds. The red and white check is supposed to be a table cloth. Ok, Ok, use you're imagination on the table cloth. There's a picnic table underneath it. I was going to run to my mom's to swipe a fat quarter but I was a little on the lazy side. She has one that would have been perfect. It's red and white check and it has some ants walking across it!!




I putzed around on the computer until about 9pm after we got back from dinner and such. I tried to download an audio book to start listening to while I sewed but it took sooooo long to download. By the time it was done the battery on my mp3 player had died. The library must have some super slow server. So these 8 (keep in mind the foundations and backs were already printed and the stiffener was already cut) took me from 9 to 12:15. Not bad for 8 post cards. I have two more that I want to make yet and hopefully I'll get done with those tomorrow night. They're a different style so I didn't want to first be starting them now. Then that should be it until the post card whim strikes me again.


Mike's leg is REALLY REALLY swollen today. I feel so bad for him. The bruising is getting worse too. I can tell how stir crazy he's getting. He's talking about golfing on Saturday but renting a golf cart. Mike ALWAYS walks a course. So he must be getting desperate to get back out.


Tomorrow night is Strip Poker. I'm very excited because my friend Maureen is coming for the first time as is my Grandma. I sure hope my grandma has fun. We're meeting for dinner before hand.


I was all set to put the binding on my Pansy tonight and then I realized I forgot it at work. I took it in to show my friend Diane. Bummersville. I'll have to get it added tomorrow night for sure so that I have Thursday to hand sew it to the back.


The Hubster kept singing the spider man theme tonight because a rendition is in the Simpsons movie commercial. I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD. Last time he did this to me it lasted about 3 days.


So, is anyone else besides me excited that the next Harry Potter Movie comes out this week and the 7th book comes out next week? Yes, I'm 30 and I'm a Harry Potter Addict. I've read the books I can't tell you how many times. I've also listened to their audio versions. Those are great. Jim Dale does the reading of them and it's like your Grandfather telling you a story. He's perfect for those. I've got all 4 of the DVD's that are out so far. For the last two book releases my mom and I have gone to Barnes and Noble around 10pm and waited until midnight to get our books. Last year time we got plastic Harry Potter glasses and everything. I know exactly where mine are, I'm waiting to wear them again this time. This year we're going to go to a different Barnes and Noble and my Aunt Eileen and Cousin Jean are going to join us. It's going to be so much fun. My mom and I don't sit still while we wait though. We hop from section to section checking out all the funny books. A few years back we read about all the things that Vodka can clean and all about cheese whiz. But I don't remember if the cheese whiz was a cleaner or if it was a recipe book. We'll spend a good chunk of time in the quilting and crafting area. Maybe wander into the romance and suspense areas and pick up a few books. It's always fun!! I'm really looking forward to the 7th book. As for the movies, we've seen each one as a group. It's Jean, her husband Tony, daughter April, my Aunt Eileen and Uncle Ray, my Mom, Mike and I.

Comments:


Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama (69.19.14.35)
I knew immediately that the checked cloth was a tablecloth - those are wonderful. Do you want my address? :) While I am not the type to get the books the day they are released, I, too, am a Harry Potter fan. I've read all the books so far, although I haven't seen all the movies yet. I tend to wait to read someone else's copy that they got the day it was released, and then purchase my own copy in those big paperback versions. Yup, I'm cheap!


Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Pam (69.139.93.219)
I'm 51 and can hardly wait for the latest Harry Potter movie! As a matter of fact, I am very disappointed that this is it....I guess nothing last forever and JK is probably tired of Harry and is moving on. I guess I will have to reread the books!! Oh, I am a quilter and fabric collector (LOL). I also knit....love all fibers.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts (209.159.204.1)
Great Job on the postcards. I got mine ready to send out last night. I'm going to the post office today at lunch. I certainly don't want to be last. I could tell the fabric was a table cloth and I love them. They are so cute and you are so creative.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (172.148.173.50)
The postcards are adorable!!! And yes, I love the Harry Potter movies too!! I've not ever read the books though, my son has them, I've just never read them!! I could spend ALL day in Barnes and Noble, couldn't you? I LOVE to go there when I am alone, no kids, no husband!!! Its a dangerous place for me, I always leave with a bag full of books!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by cowgirl4ever (72.197.247.59)
I'm with the others I think they look great and I thought table cloth right away before you even wrote anything about it.. smiles.. keep it up your post cards are great Heather

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - postcards and Harry
Posted by mamanance (24.127.100.247)
Of course the red-checked fabric is a table cloth, though the checks with ants would be cute too. How did you make the seeds? Those are quite charming, and I'm sure your recipients will love them! I am definitely a Harry fan - have read all the books at least twice - just re-read #6 to be ready for #7. I am picking up a few copies at one of our local bookstores for myself and daughter and son/DIL at midnight - we go to the beach with most of our kids and all grandkids that Saturday, and the kids have to drive so far to get there that some of them leave Friday afternoon so they will be on the road. I wll have my copy 1/2 read by the time we get there, but I won't spill any beans to them!! When I was a middle school librarian my students were crazy for Harry and were thrilled that I would order the new copies from Amazon or B&N so we would have them in the library the day they came out. I'm hoping that the new movie is on our agenda for this weekend!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.66)
You can't have watermelon on a picnic and not have a red checked table cloth. They are beautiful. I love how you did the seeds...Hope you have fun at strip poker... Kristie

No comments: