Friday, July 13, 2007

Piecing Together Audrey's Memory

My quilt is finally completed. I just put the last stitches in the binding. I have a front and back fiew. The back shows the use of "Fast Finish Corners" which are just corners ironed in half on the diagonal. Then I sewed them onto the backing prior to attaching the binding. You could do that in one swift motion but I didn't want to take any chances of them moving! I put chop stix in the top and bottom so that when it's hung on a nail it will always hang straight.


Tonight it goes with me to Block of the Month. I know that Maureen has also made a quilt, no one else has mentioned if they have or not. We're going to have a vote and then the "Viewers Choice Award" will be given out.





Comments:


Friday, July 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.214)
Oh Jen, that is beautiful!! I knew you could get it finished. I hope you are feeling better. Kristie

Friday, July 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts (209.159.204.1)
It's stunning Jen! Great job.

Friday, July 13, 2007 - Beautiful job!
Posted by mamanance (24.127.100.247)
So it looks like you did all the stitching and thread painting on the front before attaching the backing and batting. It looks very "finished" on the back. Did you stitch on those diagonal corners to hold the chopsticks in place? Great idea to put one on the bottom too so it won't sag.

Friday, July 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (12.205.65.222)
It's beautiful, Jen! Hey! Someone sent me a postcard!!!! I love it! ;-) Thanks sweetie!!!! Love ya to (puzzle) pieces!!!! Michelle

Saturday, July 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
I think you outdid youself on this one, Jen. It's outstanding! I like the idea of the corner pieces and chopsticks. Did that come from your fertile brain? Rhoda

Saturday, July 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera (74.196.174.121)
You did really good, I love the thread painting.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by sunshine (69.34.150.8)
Wow, you have some great ideas. Your projects are inspiration to all of us.

No comments: