Saturday, July 7, 2007

Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts

Almost 2 months ago we were challenged at our Friday Night BOM to create a Priority: Alzheimer Quilt. These quilts are 9x12 or smaller and can fit in a priority mailer without being folded. Once sent in these quilts are auctioned off with the proceeds going to Alzheimers research. This is Ami Simms pet project. Now the rules state that you need to have permission from the author of the pattern in writing and of course yours truely left this project to the last minute so now it's time to start working out the details of my own creation. I'm contemplating taking a picture of a pansy that I shot in 2003 while I was taking Photography classes. Printing it out on fabric and printing a puzzle onto heat and bond. I'll then take the fabric image and iron it to the heat and bond so that I can cut apart all of the puzzle pieces. The main theme of the Alzheimer's quilts is "Forgetting Piece by Piece." So, my idea is to start with the puzzle pieces together and as the photo grows start placing the pieces further apart and possibly leaving a middle piece out and attaching it towards the top or bottom. I'll then satin stich around the pieces, add a border and bind it.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Now, you all should realize, I'm using one project that I've been procrastinating on to procrastinate further on another project. I still have to get my fabric post cards done for the swap I signed up for on the Carol Doak Yahoo Group. Sigh. I only need to make six. They're even printed out already. I really need to get both projects done this weekend so I can move onto bigger and better things and not have this stuff hanging over my head.

Comments:
Saturday, July 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.211)
Come on Jen, you can do it!!! I think the pansy idea sounds great!! I hope you do that one, I would like to see how it turns out. Kristie

Saturday, July 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
I think it's a great idea, too! You're way creative! I think the reason I don't get involved with the swaps and so on is that I don't want to add stress to my life. My life is very stress-free, and with the fibromyalgia, I feel better that way. But you can do it, Jen. I want to see the pansy quilt, too. Rhoda

Saturday, July 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina (172.136.22.248)
Sounds like a great idea!!! And we want pictures when your done of course!!!

No comments: