Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Stitch & Pitch


A few weeks back Nancy sent me an email about "Stitch & Pitch." The major league ball clubs are doing a stitch and pitch night. They want crafters to come on out to the game and work on their handwork while watching. There's a special goodie bag and a special section. I mentioned this a few weeks back while we were at our last game because I really, really wanted to go. Mike made fun of the idea, as did my mom's friend Debbie. That I was surprised at because she's always got her crocheting with her. My mom thought it sounded really cool. The game is tonight. Out of the blue my husband tells me that he and his friends are going to tonight's game. What? Where was this when I wanted to go? He says he doesn't remember the conversation and then said I should come. Yeah, I'm not too fond of the guys he's going with and just what I need another two people to make fun of me. I thought it would be the perfect time to take my yo-yo's!

I'm not mad like I was earlier. I was infuriated until Mike pointed out how awfully hot and humid it is out today…that simmered me down a bit.


COMMENTS:
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Just like a man to conveniently forget! But just think, this way you get to stay home where it is cool and talk to us while making yo-yo's!!! Enjoy yourself!
Kristie


Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - so you are staying home?
Posted by mamanance
Sounds like you aren't at the game then?? Sorry you had to miss the Stitch 'n Pitch - maybe next year. I think some folks should get them to officially include quilting in the needle arts they are looking for. Hope you stay cool - and that Mike and his friends are roasting!!!


Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
This sounds like fun. I wish I didn't live so far from a major league team. I miss my baseball!

PS - Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments about my round quilt.

Corky



No comments: