Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sunny Sunday Sew-A-Palooza

It was a georgeous day here in Wisconsin and what did my mom and I do? We quilted!! We're just not big outdoors people because our allergies are so awful. I worked on quilting my Pineapple quilt, she practiced her free motion quilting on a quilt for Murphy. I've gotten the yellow and blue sections of my quilt done, now I need to do all the white and then the borders. I feel like this quilt is going to take forever and I think that's why I put it off for so long. It took me forever to decide how to quilt it. I was going to do it all in the ditch and then we saw a pineapple at a quilt show where it was all quilted 1/4" from each strip. So, that's what I've been doing. It looks nice, don't get me wrong but it's so boring and monotonous. I'm not enjoying it at all. I guess that's why I put ot off for so long!! Now I've got it in my head though that I need to get the white part quilted so that it can be done. I'll enjoy working on the borders but until then...blech!!!!


I also turned up two pairs of my mom's capri pants. They were so long they looked like high waters. Now that they're turned up a few inches they look really cute.


I thought I'd show you how far I've gotten on my yo-yo's. I feel like I'm always working on them and yet I really don't have that many done. I figure this flag will be done by the year 2010!!



Comments:


Sunday, July 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (152.163.100.18)
Let me just say that Jen's pineapple quilt is really something to see. All of the quilting that she's doing is really pretty. I know it's taking a long time but it really sets off the quilt top. I'm jealous because she has the next couple of days off and I have to work while she sews. We did have a great day sewing together as always. Cindy

Sunday, July 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.32.186)
Can't wait to see your pineapple quilt finished! When I do my hand quilting I do alot that is 1/4" from the seam. I've saw alot of that type of quilting and I really like it that way. It looks like you are coming right along on your yo-yo's. I swear the more you do the faster it goes. Trust me I have 4500 of them in two quilts. I love the flag design, that may be something that I try for a wallhanging! Very nice job...Have fun on your time off... Kristie

Monday, July 2, 2007 - YoYos
Posted by born2quilt (162.129.72.51)
Wow, do you use a template for all those yoyos? I mean are you using one of those new fangled plastic things with set holes? I usually just free hand it, but sometimes the sizes are slightly off. Very nice and can't wait to see it done. Stephanie

Monday, July 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
I am looking forward to seeing the pineapple quilt done, too. If you're going around each strip I can see that it's taking forever! You'll be so happy with it when it's done, though. I really like the yo-yos. That should be cute when done. One of my non-quilting friends who goes along with us for the entertainment when we sew together, just bought a king size yo-yo quilt at an estate sale. She said it looks really beautiful on her bed. Rhoda

Monday, July 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.72.11.210)
Kudos to you for truging in with your pineapple quilt. I'm sure you will truly love it when it's done :0) Just love the yoyo flag! Awesome pattern.

No comments: