Friday, July 27, 2007

The Trio Continues



Tonight when I got home from work I started right away on the Zack's and Alli's quilt tops. My mom came over to help me iron and now those two tops are together. I think the green one is so far my favorite.

My mom and I just got back from Jo-ann's. We picked up all the batting, backing, border and binding fabric we're going to need for these quilts. I'll put the borders on the Trio tonight. Tomorrow morning we're going to Frank's Sewing Center to push some tables together and do all of the basting. I've decided that for the Trio I'm going to stipple the entire tops including the borders. I'm not going to worry about fancy borders since they're for the kids.

Here's the quilt top that I'm going to finish up and give to my cousin Katie. I made this quilt top back in 2000 but never found a home for it so it has just sat around. I'll stipple the center and then my mom will use the borders on a roll to do the borders and she'll put the binding on.

I'm sure I'll have some more pictures to post during the basting, quilting and binding process. 14 days to go!!


COMMENTS:
Friday, July 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Wow! They are all so pretty, I really love the green one and the log cabin. So you have 14 more days to go...That will be no problem for you. you are on a roll girl.
Kristie


Friday, July 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
All the quilts are nice but I love that log cabin ,the colors are beautiful .
14 days ,no problem you'll have them finished and started on another one .How do you get all this done and work to .Do you sleep at all LOL ?


Friday, July 27, 2007 - Busy, busy!
Posted by born2quilt
You sure do get a lot done! I like both of the kids quilts. The quilt you are giving away is wonderful. Steph


Friday, July 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina
All three are just beautiful Jen!! I especially love the log cabin.......ironically enough, I just finished the green squares for my log cabin tonight, and when I got to looking at them.....I think I made them backwards.......I am sooooo frustrated with it now!!! Live and learn I guess!!


Saturday, July 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
I must admit I prefer the green one as well, and this is from someone who loves purple.
that's a good idea to just stipple. I do that with kids quilts aswell. It does make them slightly more hard wearing aswell

love and hugs gina xxx


Saturday, July 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
Ok Jen, I wish you'd quit showing off all your energy! Bottle some of that up and send it my way! Your quilts are great! I love the log cabin one too, It's really really nice! How blessed the recipients should feel when you present them. I hope they realize how much time and love went into them. It is heartbreaking when you work so hard and you feel unappreciated. Michelle


Saturday, July 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by sunshine
I love your tops and I know that the kids will love them too. You really are talented and your logcabin quilt shows your love of quilting.


Saturday, July 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera
I think the green is my fav also but I like both of them really. The log cabin is beautiful.... Hey when do you sleep and where do you get all the energy?


No comments: