Saturday, July 28, 2007

Woo hoo, the Green Brick Road is stippled!!!


It's done, it's done! We just ran out to take a picture of it. My mom has been working on making all of my bindings today. Once she's done she'll cut the excess batting away and put the binding on for me. I'll take close ups and such once it's complete.

It took just about 500 yards of thread for the top. I just made it with the thread. I'm not even sure if there would be enough to topstitch the binding with!! It took 4 prewound white bobbins for the back. Quilted in around 3 hours.

Here's what the spool looked like when I started (except that it was Green!) and here's what is left...talk about cutting it close!!

COMMENTS:
Saturday, July 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
Good for you one completed .Its really amazing when you see all the thread that goes into it ,very pretty thread at that .Your muscles must be stiff ,take a breather and relax ,there's always another day .


Saturday, July 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
Wow! That's awesome! Congrats on getting it done.


Saturday, July 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Wow, I bet you are soooo tired. I love the green, it looks so bright. You are like a marathon quilter.
Kristie


Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Don't you love it when a plan comes together? Rhoda




No comments: