Sunday, July 29, 2007

Zach's Yellow Brick Road




The Green, Yellow Brick Road is complete. The tacks are out, the binding has been sewn on. It just needs another once over for threads and tacks.

The Blue, Yellow Brick Road is quilted and the basting tacks have been removed. Tomorrow my mom will put the binding on.

The Pink & Purple, Yellow Brick Road is about 3/4 of the way quilted. I feel like it's taking forever. I might work on it a little longer tonight before going to bed. We'll see. It might be best to start off fresh tomorrow.

The log cabin is starting to scare the shit out of me. MAN, that could take the next week or so to quilt. I'm seriously afraid!! But, I will overcome!!

Mike isn't too fond of our new living room configuration. Giggle. I pushed the couch up about 5 feet so that I could put a card table behind my machine to drape the quilts on as I was quilting. I had been using the back of the couch but I was putting too much tension on my shoulders. Another thing I did was put a foot stool right in front of my machine so that I can put my legs straight out. This forces me to sit up in my chair and not hunch over. It has helped a lot.

While we were outside taking a picture of the green quilt, I took a picture of my Underground Rail Road quilt. I never had taken a nice picture of it so now was the time. I'll have to go back through my blog now and replace the old picture for the new one. But, in the mean time I thought I'd share.

I learned a new trick on webshots this weekend. If you type the name of a quilt in the "search" field it will pull up thousands of quilt pictures. Of course it does help to be specific. For example, "Yellow Brick Road" brings up many pictures of plays mixed in with quilts. Changed to "Yellow Brick Road quilt" and lots of pictures come up. This could be a great tool if you want to make a quilt but can't decide on colors. Something might strike you. I searched out the Underground Rail Road quilt and I was very surprised to find that only 2 other people made the version with all the flying geese in the latice. When I think about how many times I wanted to give that up! Now I'm glad I didn't because mine is unique!!


COMMENTS:
Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
Jen, bring the log cabin quilt down to my house and quilt it on the quilter!


Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I don't for a minute think it will take you more than three days to quilt the log cabin. You are already way ahead of schedule. I'll finish up the binding on the other ones and you just keep on quilting. Just remember, YOU CAN DO IT.
Mom


Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I love all of your quilts, but as you know the "Underground Railroad" quilt is my favorite. You did such a great job on you stippling. I was wondering how Mike was dealing with this quilting marathon. He must be like Richard, very patient. Again, your quilts are very beautiful...
Kristie


Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
You can do it!!! Beautiful quilts....all of them!! Hope I learn to stipple like that one day too!!


Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
Underground Rail Road - Very neat!! I got some Civil War reproduction fabric with the intention of making a quilt using a pattern that is authentic to the time period. I love the fabric and am waiting for an inspiration! Your quilt is gorgeous!

Way to go on the quilting of the last 2 YBR!!! And you deserved to take the rest of the evening off.


Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
They all turned out beautifully, Jen. I especially like the Underground railroad. I love the blues and greens in it. many I have seen were mostly browns and dark colors, and that is depressing to me. I think the flying geese really set it off, too. Rhoda


Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts
The quilts look great Jen! I thought of you yesterday when I put on two bindings. One on the wall hanging and one on the bag. You are so lucky to have your mom helping you. Someday when I have nieces and nephews I want to make them quilts too. I make them for my cousins kids now because they are so darn cute! Good luck getting the log cabin done. I plan to start my bro's queen/king this week some time.


Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama
Well, I think the green YBR quilt is going to be my favorite - great job! Also, thanks for sharing the Webshots trick. I'm going to try that tonight!


Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
Cindy when you stipple do you work across or down? I'm going to master this if it kills me LOL .Love your Underground Railroad quilt .






Building a website is a piece of cake.
Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

No comments: