Wednesday, August 15, 2007

3 Project Linus Quilt tops

Woweeee, my 3 Project Linus quilt tops are done; they just need their borders put on and the binding sewn and ironed. I'd finish them yet tonight but I need to get started on two Sassy Bags as well. I'll take pictures of them tomorrow after the borders are done and then I'll add them to my count as well.


I was asked if I'd be posting more of my Grandma's quilts. I'll take their pictures and post them as she finishes them. I have a feeling that given a little time; she'll be making more of them per year than me! She's working on another two right now. We don't let her rotary cut so she sews the strips and irons them. Then has to wait for one of us to come and cut her blocks so that she can sew the next step together. I'm putting her borders on for her until she feels comfortable with it. I'll be sewing up her bindings too. She's so excited to be sewing again!


We're putting a Crafting Social notice in the newsletter at her apartment complex. We're shooting for once a month. My mom and I will go to any of the apartments of people who need help bringing their supplies down to the community room. We're opening it up to any kind of craft, not just quilting. Hopefully it will get my grandma interacting with other people. I have to tweek a few things on the flyer that I'm going to put up on their bulletin board; when I do I'll post it here because it turned out really cute. I found some adorable stick people clip art online.


Well, I'm off to start my purses.

Comments:
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
I just came home from grandma's house. She called because she couldn't get her sewing machine threaded right and was all worked up. Over I went and threaded it correctly. She gets herself so excited over things that her blood pressure was up and I had to tell her either she calmed down or she couldn't sew. She wants perfection and since she hasn't sewn in probably 20 years it's like starting all over again. I made her promise when I left she would be done sewing for the night. Her two tops are almost finished and ready for Jen.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (24.215.52.160)
Your Grandma sounds like a real doll ,how wonderful you and your mom both are for helping her .Because I am the youngest of 12 , both my grandma's died when I was under 5 years old , I really envy you . Great job on the cuddle quilts ,don't forget to post pics ..

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.163)
What a nice thing to do for your Grandmother and the other people in the complex. I'm sure they will be thrilled. Can't wait to see her new quilts and yours. Good luck on your purses. Kristie

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (205.188.117.77)
What a great idea for the crafting social! If you can get a few people to craft once a month, they will become fast friends! I said on your mom's post - your granma is quite an inspiration!

Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Wow! What a great idea to get grandma together with others from her building! What a gift you have given her not only in getting back to sewing, but now in looking forward to meeting with new friends, too. God is definately up there smiling down on you! Bless you! The list of your rewards in Heaven is getting longer!

No comments: