Saturday, August 18, 2007

An attempt at Saturday night sewing

I say attempt because I just could not get going. My mom and I ran to my house to pick up my stuff and I was having the hardest time deciding what to work on. I grabbed the pillow cases, my yo-yo flag, my Little House on the Prairie Sampler and my fabric from the batik club that we joined at the Patched Works. I felt compelled to work on the pillow cases and after sewing the first step of about 4 of them I couldn’t force myself to continue.


I decided next to try some “no brainier” type sewing. I had about 6 yo-yo’s to make before I could assemble the last part of my Yo-Yo flag. I got through them and my flag was together in no time. Unfortunately though, I now have hundreds of little threads to snip from joining the yo-yo’s by machine. It’s pretty ugly since the majority of it is mono-filament thread. It looks awesome but I’m going to wait to post a picture of it until the threads are all gone. It will probably take me a few lunch breaks to do all of that snipping. There’s 273 yo-yo’s in that flag!

Comments:


Monday, August 20, 2007 - Hope you are feeling alright...
Posted by take2quilter (63.201.0.82)
It's not like you to not be doing something...but, I want to know what a "Little House on the Prairie" quilt is. Will you share? Thanks!

Monday, August 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
I want to know what a 'Little House on The Praire Sampler' is too. My favorite show in the whole wide world is Little House on The Prairie!

No comments: