Saturday, August 4, 2007

Deadly Popcorn

The Brewers won last night. The Cubs lost yesterday. The Brewers are back to having a 1 game lead for first place. Wooo hooo!!!!


I think for the first time ever I decided to have popcorn while at the game. I started itching almost immediately but didn't put two and two together until I was done with it. Talk about an allergy attack. It took two Benadryl's to calm my body down. The inside of my mouth was swollen and full of hives. My face itched uncontrollably. Wow, I wonder what they use to make that stuff because I need to avoid it in the future. I think I'll have Mike call and check into that for me. He's better at getting answers on stuff like that than I am. I really thought we were going to be breaking out the epi pen.

I was sitting at the computer this morning thinking about the American Girl quilts. I don't think I'm going to worry about historical accuracy...she's a little girl she's not going to care! Then it dawned on me, I have tons of left over blocks - why not use some of those. I have 3 blocks left from when I made her quilt. I can put two of those into a little quilt. I have a pink split rail fence block left over, I can make that into a quilt. I also have blocks left over from my drunkards path quilt which I could make into little quilts. Not sure which two I'm going to use yet, but I think this is the way that I'm going to go.


Hmmm, now that I think about it. I should use the drunkards path blocks and make two quilts the same. I'd have enough fabric to put borders on them AND make a pillow case. Here's the blocks I have. I have about 5 drunkards path blocks. Maybe I'll leave this project until tomorrow so that I can get some ideas from you guys in the mean time!!



Now it's time to print my labels onto muslin. Then I can head over to my mom's and start working on attaching them today. We'll probably need a trip to Jo-Ann's for pillow case fabric and I can get those made too. I got the basting tacks out of the log cabin's borders last night and out of one full row...only 5 rows to go. Yikes!!!

Comments:
Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
I finished sewing the binding on two of Jen's quilts last night all I have left is the huge log cabin when she brings it. I have really enjoyed helping her with these quilts. She probably would have put the binding on faster than me but this gave her time to finish up all the quilts and have to rush. So, another full day of sewing is ahead of us. Cindy

Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
I love the drunkards path. That's my choice, but I'm not making it. Rhoda

Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (64.12.116.75)
Glad you are OK after the popcorn scare! I think that I would pick the drunkard's path, too. And using old blocks is a great idea!

Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Good idea, Jen, using the leftover blocks. I will say it again....you and your mom are such a blessing to each other. Such good friends. I envy you. What a treat, to have weekly sewing days! I like the drunkard's path block too, but whatever you make will be great, and will be loved. How could anyone not love your quilts? The energy and love you put into them just has to spill out onto the recipients. No amount of fabric can hold that much love! Jen, could you be sensitive to MSG? I would bet the seasoning on the popcorn has a 'flavor enhanser'....I have some trouble with MGSs, which is why I can't often eat Chinese food, or some homemade soups. The Iowa Machine Shed serves an awesome Baked Potato Soup, but it gives me a migraine, spinning aura's, and just not worth it. It might be something for you to check into. I'm glad you are ok. Does popcorn normally affect you that way? Michelle

Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Cubs and Brewers
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Jen, I forgot to tell you....You will meet Louie on Saturday also, because he is our 'bus driver' for our trip. He is a fun loving guy, and loves to tease. HE is a diehard CUBS fan, and loves it when the BREWERS lose. I can see you two razzing each other about your teams. Have fun with him! I ask him WHY oh WHY does he keep rooting for the CUBS, and he says, "Well, maybe, just maybe...their turn will come!" He is a hopeless optimist! That's why I love him so much! I, on the other hand am not a sports fan of any kind. When someone asks me what sport I love to watch, I always say, 'Worm Wrestling" because that is what Louie said one time, and it just always stuck. Love, Michelle

Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.32.149)
I sure hope you are feeling better after the popcorn. I think I would try to find out what it was that you were allergic to. I love your idea for using the blocks. Kristie

No comments: