Friday, August 10, 2007

Fun, Fantastic, Fabulous Friday

Wow - WHAT A DAY!!


Today I found an instant message from Julie, the shop owner of Patched Works. Letting me know that the heart and flower yo-yo makers that I've been just drooling over finally came in! My mom and I were wondering how we were going to get the yo-yo makers AND go to Block of the Month, AND go to my cousin Tracey's. Luckily my mom gets out of work at 3:30 so she high tailed it over there right after. Wooo hooo, they're so cool. Of course I've only gotten to fondle them so far; there's been no time to play!


I got home from work and started printing out pictures of the quilts that I've finished since our last meeting. I could not print out a decent picture to save my life. Now, I know my 4x6 photo paper has a warning on it to keep it in it's package until you're ready to use it. I've done that but I wonder if it's past it's freshness? I mean it's only photo paper for gosh sakes. Is it really that picky? I'll have to play with it more when I have more time. I guess I was shocked to see all that I've made in one month. I don't know why I was shocked but I was. I mean, I started with the baby quilt and then I made the three Yellow Brick Road Quilts, Quilted that Queen Sized Log cabin and made the little doll quilts AND Pillow Cases. I guess it sunk in as to why you guys all think I'm nuts and wonder if I work. I'm just determined I guess. It's not like I rush through things. I just put a lot of hours in during a short amount of days.


I was so excited to get to Frank's and know that I could get my sewing machine back! Our block fo the month group was louder than normal. Wow, Maureen and I are such instigators! I can't help it. Put me in a room with "normal" people and I'm dead quiet. Put me in a room with other quilters and you'd think I was a social butterfly no matter what arena I was in. That is so NOT the case at all. I guess I've found my comfort zone!! For our finishing kits for our BOM, the fabric manufacturer hasn't gotten all of the bolts of fabric in yet. In fact when Wendy called to check on them it seems they never put the order in. So, we're on a lottery system right now for our finishing kits. I'd been searching all over the internet for this fabric and unable to find it. I don't know why I had it in my head that I had to have this exact black but for some reason I did. I got my kit!! I was sooooooo thrilled. I also picked up the pack of 1/2 square triangle paper that I need for my Ocean Waves quilt that I'm dying to start. I know, I know, I DO own the Triangulations program but for this one I think I need some 600 1/2 square triangles. By the time I'd print off those 51 sheets I'd surely be spending more than $7 in ink and paper so for this case it was more cost effective to buy the pack. Now, just to find the time to start my quilt!!




My finishing Kit for the BOM we've been working on.

We only have 2 blocks to make yet and one of them I have in my hot little hands. Wendy asked me if I could work on my finishing kit to test out her instructions. I'll be able to get 3/4 of my quilt top together before the next meeting. And I'll have the last row together minus the last block. I simply CANNOT WAIT to see how it comes together. I mean I know I've seen the class sample but WOW to see MY OWN going together is going to rock!


Wendy also gave us a few fantastic recipes. One is to make up our own powered ranch dip. That is going to be right up Mike's alley because we have Penzy's here and we both LOVE to shop and come home with new seasonings. Plus, we use ranch seasonings a lot.


Afterwards my mom and I headed over to my cousin Tracey's house. We sat around their fire pit and roasted marshmallows. Jacob made a few for me; it was really sweet. We went inside then and played a game. It was all these bizzare questions that started out, "Would you rather..." and then had too really off the wall things to choose from. There's also a book. I think I need this book. It was sooo funny. For example, Would you rather go through the rest of your life with green sweat constantly coming out of your pores or would you rather fart blue smoke? The questions are so absurd but others are quite serious. Would you rather live without your family for two years OR live in a 2 room house, never coming or going, with your ENTIRE family for the rest of your life?


Katie went down stairs to put her kids to bed and never returned. She must have been exhausted. Meanwhile, My mom, Tracey and her husband Kraig all stayed up chatting until after 2AM! We were talking about old family stories. This year she'd like to start a new Thanksgiving tradition with her dad and her girls so we're in on that. We used to do big family Thanksgivings but times have changed. We always kept a journal of all the goofy things that went on so it's time to start a new journal and new traditions. In the mean time; I'm going to scan all of the old journal enteries and we're going to print them out for the family.

Comments:


Sunday, August 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.167)
Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Glad you got your sewing machine back...now you can get back to sewing...I can't wait to see your BOM quilt finished, I love your blocks on it so far, I'm sure they will look beautiful put together. Kristie

Sunday, August 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (24.215.52.160)
Oh my ,you tire me out just reading your comments .Bottle that energy and send me some LOL . Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself ,That finishing fabric it very pretty ,can't wait to see the quilt .

Sunday, August 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by cowgirl4ever (138.162.140.54)
Goodness send me some of your energy!! I had 24hr duty yesterday, got a couple hours sleep and am now back at work.. good thing its a slow night. Well So far anyway. I have to be up early tomorrow to Take Lilly back to the vet again. Heather


No comments: