Saturday, August 25, 2007

Google Analytics

My friend Diane (Inserting shameless plug for Di's new novel "Bloodchained" which is due out in September) has turned me into a Google Analytics junkie. What is Google Analytics you ask? Well it's the perfect free blog add on for statistic junkies like Diane and I. You sign up, you copy and paste a little line of HTML code into your Blog Template, wait 24 hours and walah, data.


Do you know that since I installed this on August 6th, my blog has been read in 19 different countries? That 23% of my site's visitors are referred from other web sites? I could even tell you which websites those are if I wanted to. 17% from search engines. I know the keywords that have brought people to my site. That the average person stays on my blog for 7 minutes, 23 seconds (I guess I'm wordy). 91% of you are using Internet Explorer. Only 2% of my readers are on MAC computers (Gale ). That people are searching for "Free Yellow Brick Road Quilts." I'm guessing my site hit when I was talking about the YBR's and FREE motion quilting!! LOL. I could go on and on. The amount of information is somewhat frightening.


So, if you're a stats junkie like me, you've got to give this a whirl. Yeah, like you needed anything else to take more time out of your day.


I think it's bed time. I moved Holly's bed today (which is a joke in itself because she NEVER lays on it even when we are in the living room) and all of a sudden, she's ON it. I'm shocked. She's just the cutest thing on four legs. It's a dark shot because I didn't want to wake her with my flash.



I think her mama should make her a pretty bed. I would in a heartbeat but I don't know what to put inside. I hate the fiberfill that's in this bed. If you step on it you go sliding. They just don't seem to make a pillow form for her size; I mean, she's a big kid!! Unless I just get a chunk of that green foam from Jo-Ann's? What if that's not squishy and inviting?

Comments:


Saturday, August 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Jen, for the price of foam....if I were you, I would just go to Walmart or someplace, and get a baby crib mattess. I think they are pretty reasonably priced, have some firmness to them, would be more your 'baby's' size, and since she likes to sleep on the couch, and your bed, it would be more the firmness she likes, and you have solved all your problems! Looks like it would fit right where her dog bed is right now. Just think...you could make a nice quilt for her 'bed'. Just a thought from your crazy friend! Love ya! Michelle Oh yea,....I think your statistics thing is downright scary! Is your firewall on, on your computer? Do you have a good spyware program? Do these programs even block those stats?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.155)
You'll come up with something to make her a bed...I know you, when you set your mind to it, it will be done... Kristie

Saturday, August 25, 2007 - Thanks Jen!
Posted by Anonymous (72.131.16.122)
Diane here, thanks for the plug for "Bloodchained," you rock! Glad you are digging Analytics...I adore the thing. Hey, if you want to try my new camera out to get clearer pics of Veronica's feet, just let me know on Monday! BTW, my camera's name is Elsie (from L.C. for Little Camera).

Saturday, August 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (205.188.117.73)
Thanks for hte info on the analytics. Being an accountant type person, this really interests me. I have signed up!!

Saturday, August 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MaureenQuilts (69.210.35.170)
Holly looks sooo cute laying on her pillow. A good mommy would make her a pillow with bones on it so she would have happy puppy dreams! Maureen

Saturday, August 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
I think Holly finally laid on it because last night Murphy was on it for a little while when we were visiting. Only my daughter could be a statistic junkie. Cindy

No comments: