Thursday, August 2, 2007

I've Got Yo-Yo Fever

I’ve been working on my Yo-Yo flag since the end of June. I don’t have it anywhere near being done, but one of these days I think I’d like to start sewing the yo-yo’s together. Maybe it’s so I can see how much I’ve done and how far I need to go…but I really think it’s because even though they’re in a bag, I fear the day the bag bursts open and they go flying. I don’t want to have to track them all down! I’m surprised though at how quickly they DO add up. I really enjoy having them as a take along project.


I currently have three different sized makers. The Small, Medium and Large. I’d love to get my hands on the flower and heart ones because…..well, just because! I’m hoping one of my local stores get them in soon – I’d rather buy them local than jumping right online.


I’ve been contemplating putting the Flag project to the side for now. The more I think about my mom’s Yo-Yo Christmas Tree garland, the more I want to make some. I can’t decide if I want to use Cotton, Homespun’s OR if I should get some shiny material in red, green, silver and gold (I’m thinking like formal dress shiny).


Let’s face it, Betsy Ross here probably isn’t going to be completing her flag for quite some time. At least Garland I can see GROW. I’m also thinking of paper piecing some small christmas ornaments for our tree. Of course…where am I going to find the time to make those?

Comments:


Thursday, August 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori (24.215.52.160)
I seen those heart shaped yo yo's ,there darling .

Thursday, August 2, 2007 - yo yos
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.49)
Hi Jen! I have every size of yo yo maker, but have not made any yet. THAT is another story, which I will have to tell you off blog. It's a nasty one! Have a good day! Michelle

Thursday, August 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
Oh, come on Michelle, we all want to hear it! I just saw the heart and I think flower y0-yo maker in a magazine. I thought they were quite cute! Rhoda

Thursday, August 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.32.247)
Oh come on Jen, if I can make 4500 in two quilts I know you can finish your flag. You can out quilt me any day of the week. I must admit the garland sounds like a great idea. I always sew me up a small pile of yo-yo's and then sew them all together so that I don't loose them, and I am one that always needs to see progress. Kristie

Thursday, August 2, 2007 - Yo Yos
Posted by CrazyQuiltLadyJK (72.131.38.48)
Don't fret... I am guessing your favorite LQS will have those yo yo shapes by early next week. Just guessing. They have been backordered at the distributors. :-) BTW - luv your blog!


No comments: