Friday, August 17, 2007

Milwaukee Brewers Game

When I got to work this morning I gave my friend Diane her birthday gift and she LOVED it!! However, my velcro that I ironed on; the fabric fusion stuff...didn't stay attached to the purse flap. Granted; when I ironed it on I was ironing through the top layer of fabric, the warm and natural batting and the next layer of fabric. You're supposed to use a high steam setting and leave the iron on it from the back side for 60 seconds. I ended up hand sewing the velcro down at lunch which was exactly what I was trying to avoid. It did however stay stuck to the purse body. That of course was only the two layers of fabric.


When I got home from work I started on Vicky's purse. She's a lady that is in my Saturday morning Moda-U block of the month. She had asked last time if I wouldn't mind making her a sassy bag because she fell in love with mine. I said no problem and she picked out her 3 fat quarters. I was very surprised because I had limited time before we left for the Brewer game. I got the purse body & back pocket together and I stippled the cover. While we were on our way to the Brewer game I hand sewed the velcro to the cover...only to discover once I got home that I sewed it on in the wrong direction and had to take it out and re-sew it on. The only thing I needed to do then when I got home from the game was to sew the handle and attach it and the front flap and then it was finished. I was really happy how it turned out.



Off we went to the Brewer Game. Unfortunately the Reds beat us. They've really got to heat things up or they won't even be in the pennant race OR a wild card. I'd hate to see them do so well and then completely fizzle out. But, there's a lot of baseball left in the season. Anything can happen. It was a bobble head night so we got a Harvey Kuenn Bobble Head doll. I know I've said it before but these things really crack me up.



Of course, by the time we got home from the game and I finished Vicky's purse I was sooo tired so instead of finishing the Project Linus quilts I said forget it! I figured I'd just drop them off later in the week.

Comments:
Sunday, August 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.57)
I love the purse. The colors are beautiful, perfect for Fall. I will have to make one of those...Of course, I will have to find the right fabric first...Hmmmm....more shopping. Kristie

Monday, August 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Very pretty purse! I did buy the pattern at Joann's on the way home from Waunakee last week, so if I can ever get my rear end in gear, I will have to try one of these! It sounds like your energy levels were down too, but you still amaze me! Michelle

Monday, August 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by (24.176.0.71)
I LOVE the colors in that purse! I just may have to get that pattern. Too bad the brewers aren't doing as well. My mom would have been watching every game she could get on cable. The Tigers aren't doing so hot, either. RhodaEdited by 51050 on Monday, August 20, 2007 at 02:32 AM

Monday, August 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori (24.215.52.160)
Love the purse I also have the pattern ,just can't find the time to get at it .

No comments: