Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mom's Birthday

I thought I'd post a few pictures from my Mom's birthday.



I know my Grandma doesn't do the things she does to be mean, but it doesn't stop it from being frustrating. We were joking around today about how two of my Aunt's are going on vacation this next week. That leaves My mom, my Uncle Bob and my Aunt Diane in town. Diane actually lives about 45 minutes from us. Diane's Birthday is on Friday. I said to my mom, "What exactly could Diane do if we packed a bag for Grandma, stuck a bow on her head and pinned a sign to her that read, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'M YOURS FOR THE WEEK. As soon as she'd open the door we could peel out of there with tires screeching. My Grandma doesn't want to ever go to Diane's because she thinks it's SO FAR and she doesn't seem to believe us that there are hospitals there too. We got a good laugh trying to picture the look on her face when she'd answer the door.


When I got home from celebrating, I made a cell phone leash for my phone. I couldn't believe that it didn't come with any kind of leash on it. It's hard to grab out of my purses so I needed something I could hook my finger on. I got the leash part on E-bay. I needed to have something super tiny to go through the holes. The handle I made with some left over Sterling Silver chain that I had in my Jewelry Making Kit and a few pink crystals. I put it on with a lobster claw so that I can change it out whenever I want.



Comments:


Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by maryann64 (74.118.54.208)
Like the leash and I'm glad I wasn't invited or it would have been another 2 lbs. Hugs Mary Ann
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.226)
She looks like she had a wonderful birthday! I love your little thing that you made for you phone, it is sooooo cute! Kristie

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (205.188.117.70)
Cute leash! I think the story about dropping your granma off is hysterical!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Is that Grandma?
Posted by take2quilter (207.200.116.10)
I loved the story about the cake...every family is like that I think...mine is..if you want it done do it yourself. Very cool leash. You are so creative. I just told Jill I am having a "cyber romance" with a gentleman from Michigan and that sounds good cause I want to come and play with all of you....can I, please! My ex's grandma was the same way...but she also had some good qualities. You just had to get there first or she was gone! jaja

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by sunshine (69.34.149.191)
Great pictures and I can just see the commotion. Your leash is cute, functional and clever.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Thanks for posting pictures, Jen. I love looking at pictures of families. The cake looks great, and I love the little leash you made for your cellphone! Looks like Peony got her hair cut since the last time I saw her! Michelle

Thursday, August 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by shirleymac (24.207.68.30)
I love the idea about giving grandma as a birthday gift! Too funny. Enjoy her while you can, frustrations and all. I took a look at your Underground Railroad quilt. I see what you mean about the red but I think it still looks okay in that particular quilt. You have a small piece in the wagon wheel and another in the log cabin. My only suggestion would be to use the same fabric in just one more block, that ties the color in and it wouldn't seem so out of place to you. I can't believe I'm actually making a Bear's Paw quilt for my son. You'd think I would have learned after making even one how much work they are!

Thursday, August 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MaureenQuilts (69.210.35.170)
That is sooo cute. You are so creative Jen! I want to be like you when I grow up. Maureen

Friday, August 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by butrfly2200 (209.91.125.202)
Leash for your phone is cute. Jen, I am one of those few that doesn't know how to do much with their pictures. Thanks for the great tip page. But I need more help then the normal quilter/computer person. Carol

No comments: