Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Night Charity Sewing

I woke up in the middle of the night with one of those DUH! moments. All that sale fabric yesterday and even though my mom pointed out that there was some from the Moda Chocolat line it never dawned on me that I should buy some. I have a 36 block Turning Twenty Again Quilt that just needs its borders put on and to be quilted. It’s a big beast for our bed – extra long and extra wide, so I really should baste it soon and start stippling it since I intend it to be our fall/winter bed quilt. It’s really more of a King size than it is a queen. I make them that large because then we have to fight less for blankets. Between Mike on one side, me on the other and Holly in the middle, there is always a fight. Most of the time I have an extra quilt on my side so that I’m at least guaranteed some quilt!! I also have a cheater panel of the Hexagon Moda Chocolat that is all bordered up and needs to be quilted. For this I need to very carefully stitch in the imaginary ditch and I’m going to hang it on a quilt rack in our bedroom.


I was emailing with Kelly who works at Bits & Pieces and she said that Marla would extend the sale price to me today if I wanted to run back in. Wooo hooo!! I bought fabric to make curtains with, fabric to make Pillow Shams and fabric to make pillow cases. I’m so thrilled. Now I should get my but moving and do those quilts so we can put our bedroom together with the new stuff. It’s been so long since we’ve had a quilt that I’ve made on our bed. The Turning Twenty Again should be ok. Once I stipple the heck out of it there shouldn’t be stress on the seams and I did a really small 1.8 stitch length when I put the blocks and top together. We have this adorable 95 pound beast with talons that jumps on and off the bed so I’m hoping this does the trick!! I also picked up a gift for my mom’s birthday since I couldn’t when she was with me the other day.


Charity sewing night was a great success. I sewed the strips together for three split rail fence quilts. They’ve been ironed and cut into blocks. My next step will be to assemble the tops. I might work on that this week yet to get it out of the way. I also finished up the 16 pillow cases that I’ve been procrastinating on. Only 41 more pillow cases to go. I think I’ll break that in half and get the next 21 cut out to work on through September. I pulled out the bindings for my 3 quilts and my Grandmas kits hoping to pin them together and get them sewn. I’ll need to iron them too but I hate the job of ironing binding so I’ll try to do one a day. It just looks like Soooooo many….cause well, it is. Looking at them was as far as I got!


Comments:


Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.134)
Wow, what a nice selection of fabric. You really did get alot done, didn't you? I'm sure you will be happy to have those pillow cases finished. Krisite

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (12.205.65.49)
What a perfect quilt to do on my quilter, Jen....what do you think??????

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - last comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.49)
Uh, yea, I know, you know that was me! Michelle

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori (24.215.52.160)
Goodness did I miss understand ,all that fabric is for different bindings you have to do ? Good luck ,it does seem like a awful lot .But then again if I remember right you machine your bindings don't you ? I can see Super Jen pulling an all nighter LOL

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by sunshine (69.34.149.191)
I can't wait to see your finished quilt. It's so much fun to go out and find fabric and better yet to find it on sale. I know you and your Mom enjoy sewing together. How do you make your pillow cases? How did you get involved in this project?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MaureenQuilts (69.210.35.170)
Wow...all I can say is wow. You are super quilter...I wish I got as much done as you do...hold on I wouldn't be able to day dream anymore would I??? LOL. You are so nice to work on all those charity quilts and pillowcases and to do all the prep work for your grandma. Maureen

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - Jen
Posted by take2quilter (207.200.116.65)
why did you sew your quilt with a 1.8 seam allowance? Just curious. And I find you amazing all that you do. I want to move where you are and join your group! Know any nice single men, and no that's not an oxymoron. Oh, and age appropriate? 'night jaja

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (205.188.117.75)
Yea!! I am glad that they were going to let you get the sale price on what you missed! And I am glad that you got so much done last night! That's awesome!

No comments: